Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What Cars Does Everyone Have?

User Info Menu

I do have to agree Chris about the Skyline's and the R33 is an improvement but more weight too.

I'm sure dah_hunter will introduce you to a lot more amazing cars. I own my first JDM but the only question is when will I have it in my possession

User Info Menu

I'm a freaking car NUT. If nursing didn't work out, I was going to go for something in the car industry...but NOTHING to do with SALES! I hate being a salesman. I'd rather be a designer, or a big wig that gets to can FUGLY and DUMB cars from ever making it to the market....hehe

I look forward to seeing more JDM imports!!

User Info Menu

I'm pretty much the same although I have a LOT to learn about actually working on cars. I'm not very mechanically inclined but I hope to learn a lot more.

I don't think I'd cut it in the car industry as sales or anything else but I do love cars too.

User Info Menu

Default My Rides

Current Iron includes:

1989 VW Cabriolet (Cali Import) White Exterior (Black Trim) and White Interior (Black Trim) - For my wife.
    2000 Jeep Grande Cherokee (For the Wife and Kids)
    2006 TRD Tacoma Quad Cab 4x4 6 Speed (Work and for the Winter)
    1991 Soarer TT (For Spring, Summer, Fall Cruisin)

Here are some pics of my first JDM Import.

Currently Stock.

Should have the BFI done this week.

Should have Suspension, Exhaust, Cam Gears and Boost Control done this month.
    Attached Images Attached Images
      To view attachments your post count must be 1 or greater. Your post count is 0 momentarily.

User Info Menu

Looking very nice dj.........it's going to be really sweet once it's all done.

User Info Menu

Those rims are hawt!!!! Car looks great man.
    == Chris ==
    2007 Yamaha FZ6 (for sale)
    1995 BMW 525i Ltd
    1992 Levin GT-Apex - soon to be retired

User Info Menu

Thanks for the kind comments.

Just upgraded all the speakers today. Found 2 factory cutouts for 8" subs. One in the package tray and one in the centre between the two back seats. it's too bad they weren't bigger though, like 12" would be nice.

pain in the ass for the back speakers, had to take out the seats, the break light and the rear deck.

got adapters for the fronts to go from the factory 4" to 6.5"

much better.

My car tech is ordering my goodies on Monday.

Tein Suspension (full coilovers with shocks)
    Blitz Dual axel back, custom down pipe and mid section
    greddy boost control

I've already got the fidanza cam gears wich are also going on.

Should all be done in the next 6 weeks.

can't wait!!!!!!

User Info Menu

WOW!!!

that's great dude! Even with 2 8's I'm sure it would pound...I have just a single 8 (poor starving student!) and it is awesome compared to what I'm used to!!

got any pics of new install?
    == Chris ==
    1995 BMW 525i Ltd

User Info Menu

I should have taken pics of the install.
    I learned lots while I did the speaker swap. I think pictures of the RIGHT way to do it would save alot of other people planning headaches when doing a speaker swap on a soarer. The adapter plates that I got off ebay are also very cool. Just an MDF frame that mounts on the same points that the original 4" with housing sat in the doors. I'll look back and find out what guy was selling them and post his link on JDMVIP.com
    I'm sure he makes them for other vehicles as well. I am going to take the doors apart AGAIN at some point as I do want to change the tweets on them. I'm all about good sound at a good price. And even though I spent a bit on my deck I got a really good deal on the speakers but I just found a set of Boston Acoustic tweeters with crossovers for $12.00 at a pawn shop. When I open the doors up I'll take pics of the install.

I have an old amp so if I can find a couple of Free Air 8" I'll try them in the factory mount plates.

I still haven't got to do the BFI but I will post this mod when I do it on the site. This mod was designed for the Soarer and there are 3 well known versions. The mod uses the stock air box with modifications that has been dyno proven (with the factory paper filter) to out perform any afgtermarket intake system. There might be ways to utilize the meathod on other cars for good results.

Chris, did you car get here yet? post some pics as soon as you can!!!

User Info Menu

Yeah man, I picked up my car, and some other dude's car with Ben the other day. Just finished legalizing it tonight!!!

http://jdmvip.com/jdmcarforums/showthread.php?t=112

And yes...I've done quite a few speaker installs now and it definitely pays off to know how wires should be ran, and were mounts go, ect ect...
    == Chris ==
    1995 BMW 525i Ltd