Thread: Seats

User Info Menu

Default Seats

So I'm looking at Supras... and I saw one, and it had cloth front seats and leather back seats. This turned me off thinking it was swapped. Now I've seen another Supra that is exactly the same.

Is this "normal"?

User Info Menu

Crazy Japanese, that doesn't sound normal to me.

User Info Menu

Yes, mkiv supra's have leather back seats and cloth fronts. I believe GZ's have leather fronts and it might have been an option on RZ.

Imo it doesn't really matter what they are made out of since you're not fitting anyone back there anyways

User Info Menu

Most supra owners swap in cloth front seats cause the stock leather fronts are heavy ~70 lbs just for the driver's seat alone, the cloth driver seat comes in ~20lbs (the seat are mechanical adjusted and have no heavy electric motors), its for weight reduction really. Its hard to find Supra cloth front seats for sale in any forums cause they sell quick.

User Info Menu

This is a very old thread but I remember when first seeing mark88's Supra that it was strange. I thought they weren't stock either since it's weird why the rear would be leather and front would be cloth. I think this may be stock/normal for the JDM Supra's.

Lv1nightmare are you speaking about the JDM or USDM Supra? This is very interesting but I think the front cloths may be stock but who knows.