Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is an sti worth the extra money over awrx?

User Info Menu

I am currently working part time, and will start my electrician apprenticeship in a few months. (I will be 17) I have loved Subaru's since I was 13, and drive a civic right now. My plan was to save enough money up, sell the civic I drive now and buy one. Just a little scared im going to be paying crazy amounts for insurance since i'm still a teenager.

User Info Menu

Get the Type RA and save yourself the trouble and time of having to pull out crap down the road.
    1995 STi Version II

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by koalorka View Post
    Get the Type RA and save yourself the trouble and time of having to pull out crap down the road.
    Get an RA if you like spending 10x what you would on a normal JDM WRX when you break something on it. Lol, well that goes for the drivetrain anyways. But mine came with ps and ac. So you definitely have to shop around to find the absolute no luxuries added el strippo model.

User Info Menu

Techtron, keep the civic, its more reliable then a WRX, insurance is expensive, wait until you have good steady work, then consider a WRX, or just get a newer one that is reliable, gotta have something that always works to get to work!
    1997 Toyota Celsior UCF20
    2002 Ford F150 5.4 4x4
    2012 Ford Focus Ti Sedan Sport
    97 Cr250R/08 Thundercat 1000

User Info Menu

If you bag your cars defs wait for a while. But if you can manage to drive normally grab a wrx, power is easily reachable with robs tune as they are essentially the same. Most of the sti parts are easy to find and cheap to buy once you want to upgrade.
    I have a coil conversion kit for our cars. Plug and play, zero soldering and no epoxy including the ignitor. Pm for more details!

User Info Menu

Get the sti for sure you will never regret it. When i was 18 7 years ago now yikes! I was looking at skylines and almost got a gtst but ended up with a gtr and have never regretted it! Still have it to this day. I know a gtst-gtr is a much bigger gap than a wrx-sti but still go for it! Can't wait for my sti to show up...