Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to drain GC8 Fuel tank?

User Info Menu

Question

My car has been running just fine since I got it on the road in August. I feed it Chevron 94 which I buy at my local Chevron station in east Van. I was out in Langley three weeks ago and filled up at a Chevron station out there... $72 worth. While driving home the engine started acting funny. The car hasn't run properly since. Might just be a coincidence, but I dunno.

Anyway, is there a way to drain the gas tank of my GF8 by jumpering the fuel pump somehow and pumping the gas out into jerry cans? If someone knows the best place to connect 12v for this purpose, please let me know. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Man sorry to hear bad fuel could have caused it for sure but would check codes as well. I'm guessing if you applied 12V to the terminals it might work. Maybe more easily and safely would be to just siphon it out?

User Info Menu

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post

...would check codes as well.
    I'm confused about codes with these cars. I've never seen the CEL come on while I'm driving. If there was a code being stored, would not the CEL be indicating this? (And yes, the bulb is fine.)

I've previously asked for advice regarding codes in this forum Here, and in a different Subie forum Here... but I appear to have asked difficult questions that no one has answers to.

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post

I'm guessing if you applied 12V to the terminals it might work. Maybe more easily and safely would be to just siphon it out?
    With my Fiero(s), it's so simple to supply 12v to a specific terminal on the ECU port which connects directly to the fuel pump. Easy-peasy. I was hoping there was something similar with Subies.