Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to drain GC8 Fuel tank?

User Info Menu

Default How to drain GC8 Fuel tank?

Syphoning doesn't work BTW...

User Info Menu

Accidentally put in some 87? And why not?
    97 TYPE R STI

User Info Menu

It might be just the RA tank, but the hose never submerges in gas. There has to be blocker or something similar deep in the tank.

User Info Menu

Take a look under your car, some tanks have drain plugs. Or get a piece of fuel line and run if off you fuel pump into a jerry can.

User Info Menu

Fuel in line would require priming the pump all the time. Fuel return line past fpr would be on a running engine. I'll look for the drain plug tonight... I was hoping for a simpler solution...

User Info Menu

I used one of these when I wanted to get old gas out of my Aristo:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en

Then when you are done take it back because it leaks

But seriously, it does work, but it does leak a bit. It was the easiest solution for me.

User Info Menu

That's exactly what I got and but it doesn't work. I can only pump 200ml of fuel and then it just sucks air. Im thinking that the shape of the tank or the bent on the filler pipe doesn't allow the hose to reach main tank. I have spent and hour trying different ways to lower the intake hose in to the tank without any luck.

User Info Menu

I had to do the same thing on the Aristo. I spent a bunch of time trying to shove it down to the bottom of the tank and wiggling it around until finally it went. It sounds like you've tried to the same but without success

I don't know these cars very well, but is the pump in the tank? Fuel level sender? You could remove that and get to the tank that way if you can't locate a drain.

User Info Menu

We do it at work through the hole where the fuel sending unit is (where the fuel pump is located) and use a pump.
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi

User Info Menu

That was my plan C, I've done the pump upgrade recently and don't really want to go that route. There seems to be very little room and I would have to disconnect the lines before I would gain any reasonable access to lower the intake hose from the syphon pump. Ill try to mess around with the return line and see how long it will take to pump it out.