Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sorens 1997 Legnum VR4 Type-S

User Info Menu

Default Sorens 1997 Legnum VR4 Type-S

So, I did it.I'm finally joining the Mits fold. I was looking for a Forester SF5 in stick for my wife to rock over the next winter, and be a fun family hauler for.trips next year, but in the last four months, there hasn't been anything worth buying. On my list as well was a JZX105 Chaser, or perhaps cresta/mk II, but same story there. I had the eyes open for a low km Honda S-MX, and wrx wagon, and finally a Delica, but the Legnum won me over.
    I ended up finding a grade 4B in white, with a huge suroof, and only ~62,xxx km. it is auto, but, it's 5 speed, tiptronic and learning.
    Type-s means I get AYC, and from what I can gather, it seems to be a clever diff that puts more power to the outside wheels in a hard turning situation.
    Interior looks pretty nice, the gauges seem pretty cool, and the upholstry is decent enough.
    I figure that I should able to make a pretty decent comparison between the three JDM super wagons now!
    I'll post pics later tonight, the tablet apparently doesn't allow for attachments.or VB image host.

User Info Menu

Can't wait to see it man

User Info Menu

okay.. here they are. It's a little dirty, so I'm interested to see how the paint looks when she gets nice and cleaned up.

Last edited by Soren; 08-12-2012 at 09:24 PM.

User Info Menu

Very nice sir. Don't forget my offer either.

User Info Menu

Thanks Greg! I won't forget that man, I won't! haha.
    Thanks to you on the tip of what a Type S was, I really wasn't going to look into it, as a lot of extra's in the car names appear to be "sport package" or "Touring Package", but in this case, the AYC is a REALLY good reason to look to the type S.

User Info Menu

Ha Ha.. Yes..

this is awsome..

i expect a photo shoot with all the wagons..

User Info Menu

congrats Soren. I hope the misses likes it as much as I like mine

"it is auto, but, it's 5 speed, tiptronic and learning"

The shifting thing is...interesting. It does learn your driving habits, but then applies what its learnt when you don't want to. I downshift quite a bit in Kamloops because of all the hills. But when I want to coast down one, it'll shift into second on me. I pretty much keep it in manual mode all the time now. They’re damn hard to find as a true 5 speed manual, which is a shame.
    90 Accord EXL-I
    96 Legnum 25ST
    12 Outlander LS

User Info Menu

Yes!! Wagon fever.
    Can't wait to read your impressions of this one.

User Info Menu

congrats... that is sweeeet

1997 JDM Subaru Forester S/tb (engine rebuild in progress)
    1992 Skyline GTST SOLD
    1996 JDM Toyota Windom (Family Car)
    2008 Honda Civic SOLD
    1991 Skyline GTST Type M SOLD
    1993 Lancer Evolution III SOLD

Visit www.webdesignlabs.ca for Website Design & Development, website packages starting from $499 only!

User Info Menu

Congrats Soren! I too have a soft spot for sport wagons, hopefully I'll get one in the near future too. And on a side note, I believe I saw a video of your Legnum on Derek's YouTube account (I sub'd to it lol). Very nice indeed.
    Current:
    1996 Nissan Skyline R33 GTS-T Series II
    1996 Toyota Supra SZ

Sold:
    1998 Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 5
    1996 Nissan Skyline R33 GTS-T Series II
    1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T

Other Username: 5zilla