Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BG5-B GTB Brakes Info

User Info Menu

Default BG5-B GTB Brakes Info

Hi guys, seems like this model might become more popular here now and I wanted to start this thread to offer the info I've found and hopefully get some input from you guys. I've been able to find a bit of info on the UK forums, but that doesn't do us much good when shopping for parts.

This is what I've found so far:

Front Rotors: 26310AC040 OR 26300AE060
    These are 294mm rotors and are interchangeable with rotors off a 2002WRX

Front Pads: 26296AC050 OR 26296AC020
    Couldn't find an interchangeable number.

Rear Rotors: 26710AC000
    Couldn't find an interchangeable number. From what I've read these are 290mm rotors.

Rear Pads: 26296AA082

Parking Brake Shoes: 26698AC000

Front Caliper Rebuild Kit: 26297AC010

Rear Caliper Rebuild Kit: 26297AA040

I'll try to find some more info, if anyone would like to add, or provide NADM models that use any of these part numbers please feel free to do so.

User Info Menu

So what's the stock brake set up on this car, 2 pots in the front and 1 pot on rear?
    Just find a UK website it has brake parts for the BG5 Legacy.
    http://www.brakepartssuperstore.org....-uk/d3123.html
    This is the front brake pads for turbo one's that build after June 1996
    Pad Length 137.6
    Pad Height 59.7
    Pad Depth 17.8
    For the rotor, as you said is 294, here is the info from that site
    Disc Type Vented
    Mountings 5
    Disc Diameter 295.0
    Disc Thickness 24.0
    Overall Height 57.0
    Hub Hole (Diameter) 58.0
    I don't know if this the size that you find out.
    I just don't know which Subaru in Canada or US use the same brake pad, hope someone from this forum can help us out. My car will land next month, so really want to sort it out.
    By the way, you know where to get the headlight, I checked on eBay, not many on there, so just wondering maybe you can help me out.

User Info Menu

Yes 2 pod front, 1 pod rear.
    Parts:

Brakes
    Front Pads **These are the same for 2000 Subaru Forester**
    Subaru OEM Part No. 26296AC040
    Bendix Part No. D721
    Raybestos Part No. PGD721C

Front Rotors **These are the same for 2003 Subaru Forester**
    Subaru OEM Part No. 26310AC041, diameter = 294mm
    Bendix Part No. 145406
    Raybestos Part No. 980141

Rear Pads Subaru OEM Part No. 26296AA060
    Bendix Part No. D471
    Raybestos Part No. PGD471C

Rear Rotors Subaru OEM Part No. 26710AC000, 26710AC040, 26710AC041,
    diameter = 290mm/18mm width, vented
    Haven't figured out NA equivalent yet...

User Info Menu

Thanks for the post, this is really good to know
    Do you know does the BG5 GT has the same brake set up as GT-B?
    I checked some UK forum but none of them have specific information on GT model.

User Info Menu

The BG5 GT should have the same set up in the rear, but I believe they got smaller rotors and different pads in the front.

User Info Menu

This is excellent info, exactly why I started the thread... maybe we should start a thread that consolidates all this info for other various parts as well.

I would like to know about tune up and timing related parts for one...

User Info Menu

Good info guys, you can never have enough threads like these. Also it would be good if people can confirm what fits and what model they have as they install it. A lot of times parts should fit but don't or there's a weird difference that is only known when the user goes to install it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    Good info guys, you can never have enough threads like these. Also it would be good if people can confirm what fits and what model they have as they install it. A lot of times parts should fit but don't or there's a weird difference that is only known when the user goes to install it.
    Yes, that's a good idea, I just went to NAPA today try to buy some headlight units, they quote me $300 each, and I don't think it's the correct one. They told me its two pieces headlight. However from my research it shoud be a one piece product. So I am confusing right now, my car is going to arrive around Oct 10, so I am just in a bad situation.
    If anyone from here can give me some confirmation on the headlight, that would be great and thanks in advance.

User Info Menu

JDM Legacy GT and GT-B's with a build date of 1996 June and up (kouki style) came with a projector style headlight, which was wrap-around one piece style, that includes the corner turn signals. Here is an example;
    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/JDM-Subaru-Le...item19d33da982

USDM Legacy's up to 1996 have the same wrap around style one piece headlights (which will bolt into a JDM kouki Legacy), but unfortunately the projector style was never offered. These take H4 headlight bulbs. Here is an example;
    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/95-95-SUBARU-...item4cfc319eea

USDm Legacy's from 1997 to 1999 got the two piece headlights. The headlights and turn signals are separate. From what I understand, these can be used, but obviously you will also need to buy the separate corner lights, and you need to drill an extra hole some place (I don't know where though). These headlights use 9004 headlight bulbs. Here is an example;
    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/97-99-SUBARU-...item4cfc23276d

I reccomend getting the one pice headlights, and you can get them at rockauto.com, or on ebay like these;
    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/95-95-SUBARU-...item4cfc319eea
    Or, just pick up a set at the wreckers.

You will also need a pair of H4 headlight sockets and modify the headlight wiring, as the JDM projectors and USDM non-projector wiring/sockets are totally different.
    Simply said, the USDM headlights use one bulb (thus one socket) for low and high beam. The JDM projectors use two separate bulbs (thus two sockets). So you need to merge the JDM two separates into the one H4 socket.
    The corner lights are different as well.
    JDM headlights have the running lights within the headlights, the USDM's are in the corner lights. So you will need to re-wire this too, and get sockets for the USDM ones.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info "inokiyo" I just watched a video about change JDM style headlight to a USDM legacy, I think it's the reverse process of what we should do.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=mhee&v=WX026M1DdrE
    I hope this video will help, when comes to electric it just makes people crazy.
    I think I need to convert the headlight first then the DRL, I remember people talk about a modul we can buy from Canadian Tire, don't know if I remember correctly.
    Hope I'm going to be ok with my first JDM car