Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Soren Lost his Mind? JZX105 content inside...

User Info Menu

Always taking the uniqueness to the next level eh Shaun!

Looking forward to see the transformation you've got in mind.
    93 GC8A 5spd Graphite Gray Pearl! (SOLD)
    04 SG5 Manual Forester XT
    97 JZX100 5spd Toyota Chaser Tourer V!

User Info Menu

That is a funny looking Subaru :S

Just kidding, its certainly unique! Looking forward to finding out what you think of it.

User Info Menu

Haha guys, glad we can have some fun here.
    Ryan, yeah, the 4wd makes sense for Edmontons climate and road conditions. Honestly I wanted an X100 chaser, but we all know how I keep it on the road in the dry with rwd...imagine winter in one haha.
    Hunter-I should clarify, I will not be going super low, just erasing the gap that is there, Derek stuck his fist between the tire and the.well on the one vid. I will not be doing this until.the.winter.passes though. My money is on you thinking.of me immediately after.you saw the grampa car.sell haha!
    Wolf, that isn't me, you are thinking Ryan haha. I am selling the stagea and the GT-B as well as hopefully the x90 cresta..
    You guys with the x100s....I'm so dang.jealous of haha.basically I want a comfy and functional year round car....that looks like your baller rides.

For the record, I think that the Cresta is the ugliest of the 100 series, I wanted a chaser, but nothing came up for mileage and condition. Mark IIs look generally more business, but can look fantastic. Cresta's? Well, Alexi of Nori Yaro states that they either looke very bad, or very good. Haha. I hope I can make that transition.

User Info Menu

I like it Soren. I'm no stranger to oddball vehicles. I think this has great potential for your usage. Hope to see it at a meet.

User Info Menu

I guess this means it's no longer Uncle Soren, now it's Grandpa Soren?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Soren View Post
    Haha guys, glad we can have some fun here.
    Ryan, yeah, the 4wd makes sense for Edmontons climate and road conditions. Honestly I wanted an X100 chaser, but we all know how I keep it on the road in the dry with rwd...imagine winter in one haha.
    Hunter-I should clarify, I will not be going super low, just erasing the gap that is there, Derek stuck his fist between the tire and the.well on the one vid. I will not be doing this until.the.winter.passes though. My money is on you thinking.of me immediately after.you saw the grampa car.sell haha!
    Wolf, that isn't me, you are thinking Ryan haha. I am selling the stagea and the GT-B as well as hopefully the x90 cresta..
    You guys with the x100s....I'm so dang.jealous of haha.basically I want a comfy and functional year round car....that looks like your baller rides.

For the record, I think that the Cresta is the ugliest of the 100 series, I wanted a chaser, but nothing came up for mileage and condition. Mark IIs look generally more business, but can look fantastic. Cresta's? Well, Alexi of Nori Yaro states that they either looke very bad, or very good. Haha. I hope I can make that transition.
    Man you read the Nori Yaro blog? You just got so much cooler in my books hahaha, I love that blog. I've seen a few Cresta's that look good so I'm hoping you go down that path haha.

User Info Menu

Har, I'm also partial to frsedan and itcamefromminkara tumblr.
    Yummy.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Soren View Post
    Har, I'm also partial to frsedan and itcamefromminkara tumblr.
    Yummy.
    Ooo frsedan is pretty awesome, but I've never heard of itcamefromminkara...thanks! It looks pretty cool, now I have another place to spend my time haha.

User Info Menu

Well, I still don't have the Cresta through inspection yet, but hope to get 'er checked out next week. As far as I can tell, it doesn't need anything really, other than some winters and a new deck. I thought I'd give an update though, just on how it did on the trip back, and initial impressions.

The main point I'd emphasize about this car is the gas mileage, and the comfort/quietness. It's almost eerie. Gas mileage was great compared to what I've been driving for the last few years. Filled up with regular (!) from empty in Abbotsford. 55L worth. Got to Kamloops and put 22 L in, and didn't fill until Hinton, but I was still at 1/4 tank. I'm still driving that tank, and am at 360km and half tank of gas. Pretty awesome!

The steering is slower than my X90 cresta, but I suspect it's also slower than an X100, as that would fit with the comfort idea.
    The suspension is floaty, and the whole boat.. ahem.. car.. rolls quite a bit in turns.
    Engine seems capable enough, redline is at 6000 rpm, and never really is satisfying, but it's definitely enough power to push you back in your seat, it's just that it doesn't satisfy, and peters out quickly.
    The speakers are awesome, with the added subwoofer, the deck is really plain, so I'll put a different one in and see how it is.

The looks? Well one of my best friends laughed really hard the other day when he finally saw it. He got in and addressed me as grandpa, but, less than 5 minutes later, after riding in it, he says that it's the kind of car he needs! Very comfy and quiet.

User Info Menu

I LOL'd in this thread! But Had known that you were getting a x105 cresta for awhile! Nice to see it in picture form, can't wait for grampa Soren to take me for drive in it

As for parts, we have to talk! I know where I can help you with this!

Also, want to say super cool idea for a winter beater/daily.. Griffinpwr approves!