Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rx3

User Info Menu

Default Rx3

Anyone know if you can find these locally? Any importers/exporters know how much these go for in Japan? Saw one on "This." today and may have drooled onto the keyboard.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

That thing looks badass!
    93 GC8A 5spd Graphite Gray Pearl! (SOLD)
    04 SG5 Manual Forester XT
    97 JZX100 5spd Toyota Chaser Tourer V!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AgentJ17 View Post
    Anyone know if you can find these locally? Any importers/exporters know how much these go for in Japan? Saw one on "This." today and may have drooled onto the keyboard.
    If it is a "Savanna" model (most desired around the world) you can expect to pay anywhere from 1m yen to 2.5m yen CIF depending on condition and how original & complete it is.

It is very hard and expensive to find parts (used) for them like chrome body trim, interior trim, tail lights etc. So if the car is complete and not rusty it will fetch big money.

Cheers

Mark.

User Info Menu

Thank you for your reply, Mark.

Is there an RX3 that isn't a "Savanna" model? How about a Mazda Grand Familia, would one of these be cheaper?

User Info Menu

Thank you for your reply, Mark.

Is there an RX3 that isn't a "Savanna" model? How about a Mazda Grand Familia, would one of these be cheaper?
    The 10a models are non Savanna's and some of the early 12a models as well.

The easy way to tell a Savanna model is by the front. The Savanna has a more pointer noise and the head light surround wraps around the side of the front panel. There are a few other differences but that is the main one. Via photos maybe not a big difference in the look but real life.... The Savanna's look really mean in the front. You can change the fronts as a lot of non Savanna RX3's have been changed. The true RX3 collector will spot that it has been changed and you can also tell via the vin plate wether it is or is not a Savanna model.

Non Savanna models do sell for less compared to the Savvana but not by a lot.

If you are not worried about the front then get yourself a 10a RX3 and fit a 13B into it with a 48 IDA or even a Mazda 808 coupe and do the same.

Cheers

Mark.
    Last edited by Mark; 11-06-2012 at 11:25 PM.

User Info Menu

I think the 808 coupe is the way to go as I've just found a couple for sale locally and they are a lot more affordable.

Thanks for the info Mark.

User Info Menu

I think the 808 coupe is the way to go as I've just found a couple for sale locally and they are a lot more affordable.

Thanks for the info Mark.
    No problem, I like the old RX3's as well.

Yeah, just get yourself an 808 coupe.

Cheers

MB..

User Info Menu

Dang it! I seen this and I've been looking for one nonstop now. It has an allure that pulled me in. Anyone know what specific year that one in the picture is?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JFimport View Post
    Dang it! I seen this and I've been looking for one nonstop now. It has an allure that pulled me in. Anyone know what specific year that one in the picture is?
    I am not sure of the exact year of this one...... from what I can remember the RX3 was from 1972 to 1976 and they were basically the same body style throughout except the different fronts. I know the tail light style varied between country, I am a Kiwi and the NZ RX3's had a different tail light compared to the Japanese version.

Cheers

Mark..