Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hergc8 (1995 Impreza WRX)

User Info Menu

Default Hergc8 (1995 Impreza WRX)

Just purchased this 1995 wrx, bought it local with 129,000kms. Previous owner had it imported into Nova Scotia. I believe it was threw jdmconnection. The car came with apexi exhaust, aluminum control arms, tein flex coilovers, version 6 tail lights, clear corner and razo turbo timer.

I didn't have any plans on purchasing another Subaru.. Use to own a 2002 wrx 3 years ago. Anyways, I was on the hunt for another civic a few weeks ago, but stumbled across this wrx. The price was right so I couldn't pass it up.

It's defiantly not perfect. The car was over heating when I bought it. Come to find out the radiator was cracked along the side. From what I have been reading it is a common problem for these models. Also the speedometer is currently not working. So I ordered up a oem replacement rad, and new speed cable from Subaru. Parts should be in Thursday.

So far I haven't done to much to the car, its just been sitting in my garage waiting for parts. I just did a couple little things... carbon wrapped my cluster, changed out the wrx trunk lid for a sti model with wing. Oh and wrapped my fog lights with yellow film.

I got a used set of sti corner blinkers, and climate bezel on the way from Japan. Mine are broken

Anyways enough rambling lol..
    PICS!!!!

First day home

I removed the rad last night. Also found a couple vacuum leaks I need to fix.

More pics and updates to follow
    @cdmtyper
    2017 Civic Type R FK8 R-01546
    1996 Honda Integra XI J Series Swap ITR Clone

User Info Menu

Looks pretty sweet, once you get 'er running right, she will be a dream!

User Info Menu

Looks good, I've always been a fan of these cars in black. Did it only come with steelies? Or are those just for winter?

User Info Menu

Nice score. The aluminum control arms are factory on wrx/sti's btw. Also, what's with your intake, looks a bit different.

Looks to be great condition though.
    93 GC8A 5spd Graphite Gray Pearl! (SOLD)
    04 SG5 Manual Forester XT
    97 JZX100 5spd Toyota Chaser Tourer V!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Looks good, I've always been a fan of these cars in black. Did it only come with steelies? Or are those just for winter?
    Came with the steel rims, I am on the hunt for some factory alloys.
    @cdmtyper

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Stick View Post
    Nice score. The aluminum control arms are factory on wrx/sti's btw. Also, what's with your intake, looks a bit different.

Looks to be great condition though.
    Oh! I thought it was aftermarket. I don't know much about this model still learning.

Ya I noticed the intake being different, I not really sure whats up with it. I would prefer something closed in, so it wont suck up water.
    @cdmtyper

User Info Menu

These aren't oem, but a decent price for winters or something:
    http://www.westernsubaruclub.com/smf...?topic=32159.0
    Edit... Just looked at your location. You should get to know Kevin at 5 mile imports, I think he's in Halifax, he has some ver 5 wheels fpr 400.00 http://www.5mileimports.com/
    Last edited by Soren; 11-21-2012 at 06:25 AM.

User Info Menu

Ok thanks, I will defiantly contact him.

On another note my rear axle boot is ripped, is this a common problem? Should I just replace it with cheap aftermarket or get oem?
    @cdmtyper

User Info Menu

Replace the speed cable today, I noticed there was a "lachute" pipe under the car. I am not familiar with this type of pipe. Is it a well known brand for Subarus? I think it just an up-pipe if im not mistaken.

I also need to replace my spark plugs and possibly two coils. What spark plugs to I purchase?
    @cdmtyper

User Info Menu

Lachute is a Montreal based rally team and performance shop... In other words, "nice find".

If you want to stay with stock coils, I think I still have 3 good ones.
    If you want to do the conversion, I have 4 converted 02+ wrx coils I might be selling if I find my motor has indeed failed.