Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 94+ GTO prices on Auction for 2012?

User Info Menu

Default 94+ GTO prices on Auction for 2012?

Hey Guys!
    I leant out access to my auction statistic site to a friend who ended up using it too much and my access got turned off! So I can't check prices on cars this year! I'm looking at replacing my STi with another 3000gt/GTO.

Does anyone have an idea of what a 94-98 GTO 6 spd Turbo grade 3.5+ car is selling for now? I think last I looked it was 300ky+ or so, your help is very much appreciated!!
    1997 Toyota Celsior UCF20
    2002 Ford F150 5.4 4x4
    2012 Ford Focus Ti Sedan Sport
    97 Cr250R/08 Thundercat 1000

User Info Menu

You can sign up for free on mine with unlimited access http://auc.jdmconnection.ca/

User Info Menu

Wow thanks William! thats very kind of you! much appreciated!
    2002 Ford F150 5.4 4x4

User Info Menu

NOOOOOO!
    A focus and a GTO?

Don't do it man... Don't

User Info Menu

Soren! the focus is really nice, have you seen how good the new Focus is? its not normal Ford crap, super handling, great motor and Dual Clutch tranny, great mpg, its a really nice car! brand new and not breaking down during -30 winter.

The GTO is such a nice car, the problem with the WRX is that there is no lack of fast going on, its just that during normal driving the car feels pretty cheap inside and and not that nice. The GTO feels special all the time, not just when you're going fast! that being said they are quite expensive on auction, looks like 600,000+ y for a 96-98, sigh! Trying to figure out a nice car that is like the WRX but nicer!

Thanks again William, your sites statistics service is fantastic! I really really appreciate it!
    2002 Ford F150 5.4 4x4

User Info Menu

Aw man, Kingsoup, I'm just slagging you, but I did have a focus as a rental for a week, and it was positively awful. I actually got the call that it had been abandoned, because I drove it the first day and then parked it. It was honestly awful, I kept it only because I thought, in an emergency I could stomach driving it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Soren View Post
    Aw man, Kingsoup, I'm just slagging you, but I did have a focus as a rental for a week, and it was positively awful. I actually got the call that it had been abandoned, because I drove it the first day and then parked it. It was honestly awful, I kept it only because I thought, in an emergency I could stomach driving it.
    Haha its funny you mention this, i had the exact same experience with a rental when my s2000 was in the body shop, at first i had a volvo s60 which was excellent then they gave me a brand new base model cobalt, red, didnt even have a cd player.. i abandoned it as well haha... also to the OP, I know mark from brave auto has a new auction page, it works very well and also has previously sold cars posted which is great when you want to get a ball park price on vehicles.. after a quick glance it looks like the 96+ gto's for pretty reasonable prices.. i saw a low km 96 gto grade 3.5 go for 33000 yen, mind you i also saw a grade 4 98 gto with 33K go for 1.6 million yen! very unpredictable!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JDM SiR View Post
    Haha its funny you mention this, i had the exact same experience with a rental when my s2000 was in the body shop, at first i had a volvo s60 which was excellent then they gave me a brand new base model cobalt, red, didnt even have a cd player.. i abandoned it as well haha... also to the OP, I know mark from brave auto has a new auction page, it works very well and also has previously sold cars posted which is great when you want to get a ball park price on vehicles.. after a quick glance it looks like the 96+ gto's for pretty reasonable prices.. i saw a low km 96 gto grade 3.5 go for 33000 yen, mind you i also saw a grade 4 98 gto with 33K go for 1.6 million yen! very unpredictable!
    My new auction site will go live to the general public in January (currently still running the old system on my website), some of my customers are already using the new one and have been for six months, the feedback I have received is "wow" which is good. I just have to finish off writing out the "how to use & do's and don'ts" then I will make it public with free unlimited access to all the auctions around Japan.
    However, there are no sales statistic (will be turned off but past sold prices will be turned on for everyone to view) on the new site due to the sales statistic's not being accurate at all becuase all auction search systems cannot read the auction sheet inspectors notes and this is the major key when researching vehicle prices or even when it comes to bidding on a vehicle etc.
    This is the reason why two vehicles of the same age, km's and auction grade can vary so much in price on the systems, one might have something wrong with it which is written in the inspectors notes that will effect the sale price and the auction statistic system (computer generated) cannot read.

So my advice is to take the sales statistic's with a pinch of salt and do not base your budget on the "lowest to mid" prices, always consider the "mid to high" if you want a good vehicle.

Cheers

Mark.

User Info Menu

Soren! sorry you had such a bad experience with the Focus! i'm a pretty fidgity car buyer, what year Focus rental did you drive? I drove the older models, they were not very nice indeed! Ford kept the same chassis from like 99-2011, then they brought over the completly different european focus for 2012. The dual clutch auto has really nicely spaced ratios and the 160hp 2.0 pulls really strongly, the Titanium interior is a really nice quality material, and the sport suspension package I think is a really great balance between comfort and firmness, also coming with 235/40/18 Summer tires, it has a ton of grip, great brakes, a proper IRS and the computer controlled virtual limited slip diff is fantastic in the snow! I didn't even know a FWD could totally have zero understeer, the brake controlled active diff is pretty impressive, who knew from a ford!

Mark, of course you are right! i almost have always bought at the bottem of the spectrum and end up with a bottom of the line car. The statistics program I was using with JPCTrade before was pretty good, 3 months previous and had a good idea on what the prices were.

I've been looking for something a bit fancier to replace the WRX with. I see the more desirable GTO's with 6spd 1995+ are quite high priced (3.5+ cars) of 500,000y +++! puts it in the same territory as a GTR, kind of suprising! Ugh I just dont know what to do, I feel like I'm getting old and really desire a nicer interior and smoother ride but still sporty, must be something out there that fits the bill!

Looking forward to checking out Brave's site! if its like everything else you guys do, superb i'm sure!

User Info Menu

I did a bit more looking using Williams really useful JDMconnection site and found some pretty solid looking 6spd cars for 200-300ky which is right in my range! I owned my VR4 for 4yrs but I think I put about 4000km on it, and it only really worked properly at the very end when I sold it. Its really a cool car, I used to think it was a bit heavy until I realized the sacrifice you make having a light car, basically most creature comforts, but I'm a creature who needs comfort! mmmmmm Gtoooooooooo!
    2002 Ford F150 5.4 4x4