Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Cresta/Chaser/Mark II Audio discussion thread

User Info Menu

Same deck as I'm using in my Chaser. Wish I got the touch screen one though. Did you 105 not come with a stock amp?
    93 GC8A 5spd Graphite Gray Pearl! (SOLD)
    04 SG5 Manual Forester XT
    97 JZX100 5spd Toyota Chaser Tourer V!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Stick View Post
    Same deck as I'm using in my Chaser. Wish I got the touch screen one though. Did you 105 not come with a stock amp?
    Should the amp be under the passenger seat? If yes then I have nothing under it.

User Info Menu

Yup that's where it should have been.
    93 GC8A 5spd Graphite Gray Pearl! (SOLD)
    04 SG5 Manual Forester XT
    97 JZX100 5spd Toyota Chaser Tourer V!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Soren View Post
    Pretty sure the harness is wrong. Looks like a jzx90 harness, but keep us updated.
    Installed new JVC deck today. Harness was the right one. I need just make additional holes in the brackets to install 1DIN pocket cover because it didn't match with existing holes.
    Deck has USB and AUX ports on the separate cables, so I decided to keep them in the 1DIN pocket cover.
    Attached Images Attached Images
      To view attachments your post count must be 1 or greater. Your post count is 0 momentarily.

User Info Menu

Default Chaser - Audio Head Unit Replacement

Hi Guys,

Bump on an old thread.

I've got a 1998 Chaser JZX100, which has the integrated 2Din head unit, CD/Radio/Tape player, with a factory 6 stack CD in the armrest, amp and a subwoofer behind the rear centre passenger.

I'm about to replace all this with a 2DIN Kenwood Head Unit.

Any further tips with the wiring considering the 6 stacker etc?

There was also a radio expander as the Japanese radio needs +20 for Australian stations, not sure where this is likely to be located as the importer added it, but I'm assuming it should be immediately behind the head unit? as I will need to remove it with the new head unit in place.

Is it best to use RCA cables from Head Unit to Amplifier etc? I'm pretty new to the electrical side of things.

Cheers