Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 1996 Honda Integra XI Build (ITR Clone)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    I would go with the Type R engine for more power but I agree with Sunshine, only I wish AWD + Turbo could have been from the factory on these kinds of Honda's.
    when I was watching Best Motoring International, Honda said that they would prefer to make more power without raising the displacement or adding a turbo like other manufacturers do for their sporty models.

User Info Menu

I would go with the Type R engine for more power but I agree with Sunshine, only I wish AWD + Turbo could have been from the factory on these kinds of Honda's.

Quote Originally Posted by silent112 View Post
    when I was watching Best Motoring International, Honda said that they would prefer to make more power without raising the displacement or adding a turbo like other manufacturers do for their sporty models.
    Honda has always been about N/A tuning.

AWD + Turbo could not be father from the philosophy of Honda tuning in Japan
    98 Evo V (Sold)
    09 GSX-R 600

User Info Menu

Looking good, can you tell us what you think of them and what they cost (you can PM the cost if you want).
    Ride is really good. There is no damper adjustment on this model you would need the type 2. I have ran various coilovers before on a few of my old cars, and this is by far the best bang for your buck. These cost just over $600shipped taxes in to my door. It's extra for the type r rear strut mounts.
    @cdmtyper
    2017 Civic Type R FK8 R-01546
    1996 Honda Integra XI J Series Swap ITR Clone

User Info Menu

I was leaning toward the b18c itr engine at first, but I want to do something completely different that know one has done here. Hopefully I can source out everything I need and get it done. Lots of updates to come!
    @cdmtyper

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by silent112 View Post
    Yes I recall watching the same video, but I still wish they would make more power. I think they really need it to be competitive, but I do give the Honda's respect for making fairly big power for 4-cylinder NA engines and the chassis and braking can match the best of the high powered cars.

Quote Originally Posted by risingsun View Post
    Honda has always been about N/A tuning.

AWD + Turbo could not be father from the philosophy of Honda tuning in Japan
    Yes I know, I wish I could change their philosophy a little bit though

Quote Originally Posted by rhdgc8 View Post
    Ride is really good. There is no damper adjustment on this model you would need the type 2. I have ran various coilovers before on a few of my old cars, and this is by far the best bang for your buck. These cost just over $600shipped taxes in to my door. It's extra for the type r rear strut mounts.
    That's a steal for a good ride and new coils.

User Info Menu

Couple new shots

@cdmtyper

User Info Menu

Those look awesome... Love the JDM Integras!

User Info Menu

I picked up a JDM B16A for cheap over the weekend. I plan on building a n/a b20 vtec for this car. I am now on the hunt for a b20 block.

I took the head off, sending it to the machine shop this week to get cleaned up and planed.

Goal for this build is 200whp, lots more updates to follow!
    @cdmtyper

User Info Menu

love the new shots!

i want something like this.. such a timeless look!

great job!

User Info Menu

+1 double awesome, is your friend with the white Integra on here?
    200 WHP will be awesome in this chassis and probably the limit before they get too much torque steer