Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 1996 Honda Integra XI Build (ITR Clone)

User Info Menu

Default 1996 Honda Integra XI Build (ITR Clone) J32 V6 Swap!

I sold my eg6 sir-s a few years ago and greatly regretted it. So I bought this to replace it. I really wanted a type r, but it was not in budget so I settled for this rare xi dc1 with only 97,000km! This is the second import I purchased from William over at jdmconnections

I picked up my car in Halifax back in Novemeber 2012, It was in transit for about a month. I drove it home that day and parked it in my garage for the winter months to come.

First thing I did was remove the ugly chrome wheels and the horrible wing. I cleaned out the inside, always the best part because you never know what you will find lol! I came across some jdm windshield wipes and the ashtray was full of disgusting smelly beads.

The only aftermarket part on the car was the rsr suspension. Everything else is completely stock.

I am in the process of sandblasting and painting my itr brake swap that I removed from my old 99 si coupe that got rear ended. I should have that installed this week along with the 4x114 itr wheels. Apexi ws2 catback to be installed as well.

More to come!
    Last edited by rhdgc8; 11-14-2016 at 04:07 AM. Reason: title change
    @cdmtyper
    2017 Civic Type R FK8 R-01546
    1996 Honda Integra XI J Series Swap ITR Clone

User Info Menu

Awesome! I look forward to seeing where this goes! What are your plans for it? Any rims picked out?

User Info Menu

Oh cool pickup. What's the specs on these? I can't say I've really heard of the xi model. Any engine bay shots?
    93 GC8A 5spd Graphite Gray Pearl! (SOLD)
    04 SG5 Manual Forester XT
    97 JZX100 5spd Toyota Chaser Tourer V!

User Info Menu

Greg, I decided to go with factory itr rims, make it look more like a dc2. I also want to swap the engine out for a b series.

Speedstick, It comes factory with a 1.6 liter non vtec zc engine. Rear drums and no sunroof. It is fully loaded with a/c pw,pl, tilt steering, auto climate, power antenna. Unfortunately this is not the awd xi model

Here is a bay pic

@cdmtyper

User Info Menu

Oh ok cool. Well if it was the AWD model it would most likely be tougher to swap in the B series. Extremely clean!
    93 GC8A 5spd Graphite Gray Pearl! (SOLD)
    04 SG5 Manual Forester XT
    97 JZX100 5spd Toyota Chaser Tourer V!

User Info Menu

Ya defiantly.
    @cdmtyper

User Info Menu

Oh wow, I didn't even know this was you Matt! Great to see updated photos of the car and the changes your making.

User Info Menu

Thanks William! It's my fiance that does all the posting (her account), I am not much of a forum user. I'm sure she will keep everyone posted on our progress. Thanks again for the car man.
    @cdmtyper

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Civic_HatchSI View Post
    Thanks William! It's my fiance that does all the posting (her account), I am not much of a forum user. I'm sure she will keep everyone posted on our progress. Thanks again for the car man.
    That makes SO much more sense. I was confused on names...Stickers sent btw. I tossed you an extra one in because I never replied to that PM...

User Info Menu

Thanks Greg appreciate it, I will put that extra one on the Integra
    @cdmtyper