Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Far Cry 3

User Info Menu

Default Far Cry 3

I have been really digging the latest Far Cry (3). So much to do and see, as well as the randomness. I have cleared most of the first island of outposts and towers as well as having most upgrades for holsters and lootsacks etc, but I am not too far into the story yet. I have only completed 4 or 5 missions I think.
    The multiplayer was okay when I tried it, but no free for all, the coms suck ( cant hear anything much of the time) and it is tougher to play your made maps.
    co op is great very satisfying.
    How would I change this game so that ot would be better than any other game ever!!?

1 fix the coms on ps3 (and of they are bad on pc and 360?) playing with friends isnt as fun if you cant hear em.
    2 allow any map that you have made to be played easily in multiplayer
    3 must have free for all, or an option to hear everyone on the coms system. playing two player cat and mouse games is not really fun without being able to communicate.
    4 allow for merc and animals in map editor to be in multiplayer if you choose (create your own co op!
    think that is all for now. just wanted to give an outlet here, I know some of us have been playing this!

User Info Menu

I never have time to play games but Farcry 3 was on my list to pay as i loved Farcry 1..

It was a winner for me.. i have logged 18 hours now.. and thats a lot for me..
    I have spent most of that time hunting animals for skins and getting every loot chest/Idol/Letter. I havnt done many missions yet.. Also i enjoy the races etc.

Since i play on PC (Pirated Copy) i cant play online but i dont like the current online gaming scene anyway.

User Info Menu

Yeah, I am up to 12 hours, and I think I am about 1/4 finished. Man this game is addicting

User Info Menu

I bought it discounted on boxing day, and finished it on the 30th. I don't know how many actual hours I logged. But it was immense. I very rarely have time to play games, so I took full advantage on my holidays.

Probably the best single player FPS game I have ever played. Only tried co-op once. Loved it, but there was no one online, so games kept dropping out. I couldn't get onto a server for multiplayer at all.

Im on PS3.

Ryan

User Info Menu

I spent just under 30 hrs doing the SP. Really enjoyed but craving more. Literally nothing left to do in it. My friends are slowly making their way through single player, so I gotta wait til they're done before we can all do co-op. Guess I'll have to wait for DLC or something...
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi

User Info Menu

Pretty disappointing ending, story was good till that point, alas!

User Info Menu

I've been playing for four weeks now and can't get over how beautiful it is. The gameplay is great, but the details are what make this game really shine for me. The first Far Cry really looked great due to the bright, vivid colors (I played it through twice it was so good), but the details in the vegetation in Far Cry 3 are phenominal. I've been playing with (3) Dell 2711 monitors and (2) GTX680 Classifieds in SLI and the best I can do to keep framerates decent is 7680x1440 at medium settings with no AA and DirectX 11. Every now and then I have to stop and crank the settings and just sit and look at the details. Can't move much (due to the slideshow), but what a visual feast!

User Info Menu

Nice Set up..

I dont know why people play games like this on Console.. they dont get to experience the true beauty of it..

User Info Menu

The reason I like console gaming is because I pretty much only play multiplayer ...

Everyone is basically using the same type of controllers with the same hardware, so it really levels the playing field. The size of the display is the only real factor...

User Info Menu

Make sence i guess.. Im to old..

FPS were only on computers when i was younger, so thats the only way i can play FPS's.

Stuck in my old ways.. :-)