Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyota Altezza

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dah_hunter View Post
    Prices range from 80k to 500 K

Here is a list of the past sold ones for the last 3 months.

Sales List PDF

Enjoy.
    Thanks for the info, much obliged!

User Info Menu

I'm really interested in these. They claim factory 29mpg on the 3SGE ones. 0-60 in 7.2 and probably the 1/4 mile in the low 15's. Pretty light, RWD, toyota/lexus quality. Its fun to have revvy motors, and the 6spd would be excellent! I really find the big power is kinda useless here in the City, I almost never get to open up the 18psi WRX anyways, and it makes terrible MPG. They are not expensive on auction, I've seen some decent 6spd models with lower k's grade 4 for 140-200ky, it seems to check all my boxes!
    1997 Toyota Celsior UCF20
    2002 Ford F150 5.4 4x4
    2012 Ford Focus Ti Sedan Sport
    97 Cr250R/08 Thundercat 1000

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsoup View Post
    I'm really interested in these. They claim factory 29mpg on the 3SGE ones. 0-60 in 7.2 and probably the 1/4 mile in the low 15's. Pretty light, RWD, toyota/lexus quality. Its fun to have revvy motors, and the 6spd would be excellent! I really find the big power is kinda useless here in the City, I almost never get to open up the 18psi WRX anyways, and it makes terrible MPG. They are not expensive on auction, I've seen some decent 6spd models with lower k's grade 4 for 140-200ky, it seems to check all my boxes!
    Agreed, my Celsior is comfortable but not really fun to drive. I am leaning toward this more and more everyday. Of course the odd S15 tempts me to wait but realistically I don't think the funds will be in my pocket for one of those.

User Info Menu

Problem with the S15 is they are pricey, it'll be hard to find one in good shape (I saw a ton of grade 4 Altezza's for sale) super turbo power is kinda useless in the city and low 20's mpg on premium gets kinda old.

The Celsior was not a real handler, coilovers ruined the handling on mine, but it was a nice car, looked cool. The Altezza reviews are pretty good, I think I might perfer the 2JZGE, but the BEAMS motor is pretty awesome, I always wanted to try a high revving big cam motor, now to just sell this WRX!
    2002 Ford F150 5.4 4x4

User Info Menu

It's like you are reading my mail.

User Info Menu

Lotta good points on that car! I did some reading on Altezza club of NZ and it looks like there aren't many mods you can do, although that makes sense given its already doing 105hp per litre. Not that I'm really really interested but they do have some turbo kits for it and superchargers, but looks like you need to get that 11.5:1 compression down etc etc.

I have read a guy who on a warm day on the highway is making 7.3/100km which is what my 160hp 2.0 3000lb focus makes as well, I think it could really make the decent mpg.

Same gearbox the 6speed J160 (V160 is supra one, I was confused for a second there) as the new GT86, its sort of like a GT86, with a bit more power, a bit more weight, but seating for 4 and its a lexus!! (ish)

User Info Menu

I found that as well with the performance mods. Everything, you can get is either very expensive or a commitment. However, like you said it sounds like a car that would be fun to drive but also practical. Also, it looks like there are a few suspension upgrades that could be done and plenty of aero kicking around.

User Info Menu

Only problem I have with these is the vtec style powerband, not too sure how accurate forza is, but 1st gear goes to 100km/h in the game. I like high revving engines as much as the next guy but I worry about how weak it would feel up at Calgary altitude combined with the tall gearing.

User Info Menu

There are lots of acceleration videos on youtube with the BEAMS motor, 1st goes to about 50kph. It will be a bit peaky, but should be enough power down low to poodle around. If you're looking for a fast car, this probably isn't it, but a fun car, really nice car, respectable car with a sort of peaky Type-R, s2000 motor, race motor that makes real mileage. (My GTO, Supra, WRX all made/make terrible mileage which gets annoying after a while) I just find with no race track here, tons of traffic, there isn't a ton of point having 300+ hp its not very useable and you're going super illegal speed really quickly.

Z-Tune has the front splitter and wing, leather wheel, most of the upper models of the Altezza have a Torsen LSD, double wishbone front suspension, rated at 3000lbs, hello!
    2002 Ford F150 5.4 4x4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsoup View Post
    There are lots of acceleration videos on youtube with the BEAMS motor, 1st goes to about 50kph. It will be a bit peaky, but should be enough power down low to poodle around. If you're looking for a fast car, this probably isn't it, but a fun car, really nice car, respectable car with a sort of peaky Type-R, s2000 motor, race motor that makes real mileage. (My GTO, Supra, WRX all made/make terrible mileage which gets annoying after a while) I just find with no race track here, tons of traffic, there isn't a ton of point having 300+ hp its not very useable and you're going super illegal speed really quickly.

Z-Tune has the front splitter and wing, leather wheel, most of the upper models of the Altezza have a Torsen LSD, double wishbone front suspension, rated at 3000lbs, hello!
    Oh I definitely agree its kinda nice to have some fun without risking your license, It's just I already have a slow and fun yota. It would be a tough call between an altezza and a is300.