Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: jdmvip's 1997 Toyota Aristo V300 Vertex Edition

User Info Menu

We've decided not to sell this car, we like it too much now that it's fixed.
    The bad news is that Derek @ Pacific Coast JDM/Auto is refusing to pay a cent for the repairs and even accusing the shops I dealt with...(unfortunately a repeat of when I exposed the true selling price of Aristo was not correct I was being accused of something too). This is for the other thread but he's refusing to pay for the repairs, refusing to pay me for the rims and suspension of mine that he sold or even show me what they sold for, and refuses to apologize for all the non-sense him and his friends caused.

On a good note I will be getting my strut bar installed and I just compounded the Aristo a few days ago but didn't get a chance to reseal it. Once I do I'll try and take some nice pics of it.

The only other minor issues are that I need to change the front rotors (possibly pads), fix the oil leak (the valve cover is not leaking anymore but I still have oil dripping off my drain bolt), and possibly new outer tierods.

User Info Menu

Hey, nice to hear you finally solved the issue! I hope to see this car around Surrey more often.

What ever happend to the wheels that came with the car? Were they Work Euroline's?
    1985 AE86 GTS hatchback
    1985 AE86 GTS coupe
    1985 AE86 GTS coupe
    1986 S12 hatch CA18DET
    1992 S13 coupe
    1992 JZS147 Aristo 2JZGTE
    1993 R33 Skyline RB25DET

User Info Menu

good seeing you at aberdeen the other day!

User Info Menu

thats a different car I believe, theres another one in Richmond owned by someone who works a Canadian Tire in Steveston. I see the car there all the time... too bad to make the rims fit he raped the fenders and really poorly so that there are now dents in the quarter panels. Sad to see as its a nice car.

User Info Menu

We've decided not to sell this car, we like it too much now that it's fixed.
    That's fantastic news. It's good to hear you finally got it sorted and running right after all you went through.

The only other minor issues are that I need to change the front rotors (possibly pads)
    Sounds like a good reason to do the JZA80 caliper upgrade to me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon G View Post
    Hey, nice to hear you finally solved the issue! I hope to see this car around Surrey more often.

What ever happend to the wheels that came with the car? Were they Work Euroline's?
    Thanks Brandon, yes hopefully we meet up. That is what I was mentioning above. My Exporter said he sold those original rims (didn't know they were Work's) and the original TEINs but they've disappeared without any explanation from him after I've been asking since spring 2013.

We should either do a mini-meet or come out to the next full meet.

Quote Originally Posted by alsxe10 View Post
    good seeing you at aberdeen the other day!
    Yes nice to meet you and even nicer to see a Civic Type R or any JDM Honda!

Quote Originally Posted by Kombat0001 View Post
    thats a different car I believe, theres another one in Richmond owned by someone who works a Canadian Tire in Steveston. I see the car there all the time... too bad to make the rims fit he raped the fenders and really poorly so that there are now dents in the quarter panels. Sad to see as its a nice car.
    It must be hard to believe my Aristo would be spotted because you read about the 1.5 years of it being parked lol. Me and Alex actually did meet and see each others cars though. I have the proof here http://forums.jdmvip.com/Spotted_Thr...on-40-t-90#894

Too bad about the Aristo you mention, I remember you mentioned a white Aristo driving in Richmond and then I worried my car was stolen but remembered it wouldn't be cruising around like you described lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JZZ30_driver View Post
    That's fantastic news. It's good to hear you finally got it sorted and running right after all you went through.

Sounds like a good reason to do the JZA80 caliper upgrade to me.
    Thanks JZZ, it feels great to be driving and enjoying it finally! How is your Soarer doing?
    Now you have me tempted but I'm just worried about clearing my rims but I'd like to look into this. Are the Celsior's easier to fit?

User Info Menu

A few bad cell phone pics from last night (sorry the car is a bit dirty and not waxed yet either).

User Info Menu

love it, when are you gonna bag it
    2001 RSTi Project Car // 1998 Turbo GF8 Daily

User Info Menu

looks great, love these in white. think it the best colour for these cars.
    94 Hilux Surf TD
    93 Toyota Supra TT
    98 mini BSCC LTD

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by [JT] View Post
    love it, when are you gonna bag it
    Thanks JT! But I will never bag it, I like to take care of my cars and have them last a bit. It gets going fairly well even with low RPMs because of the VVTi and small turbos.
    Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve View Post
    looks great, love these in white. think it the best colour for these cars.
    Thanks what cars do you have now and are you considering an Aristo?