Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You guys are very lucky

User Info Menu

Thanks for the compliments. I didn't know imports dropped in the UK, I just know that there are a lot of nice JDMs that made their way over.

You're free to advertise your services in the Buy/Sell forums.

User Info Menu

im from the UK and its always had a fairly big import scene and getting a car thats 10 years old (meaning no model report need) was fairly easy i think now the laws are changing our roads are gonna be seeing some much newer heavily modified JDM motors in the next 12 months

User Info Menu

1 name in uk someone i know LITCHFIELD IMPORTS any subaru he can get for u even type rar or s202 forrester sti s ect ect . hes on topgear and 5th gear developed the type 25 impreza porsche 911 slayer! and the new type 20 nuff said!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D1 RWD View Post
    im from the UK and its always had a fairly big import scene and getting a car thats 10 years old (meaning no model report need) was fairly easy i think now the laws are changing our roads are gonna be seeing some much newer heavily modified JDM motors in the next 12 months
    Any update on the UK JDM scene? I hope you guys are doing well over there D1 RWD

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 123rees1980 View Post
    1 name in uk someone i know LITCHFIELD IMPORTS any subaru he can get for u even type rar or s202 forrester sti s ect ect . hes on topgear and 5th gear developed the type 25 impreza porsche 911 slayer! and the new type 20 nuff said!
    I haven't heard of these guys over the Type 25, can you post a thread with more info?

User Info Menu

I was just having a bit of a read through here, Ireland is probably the least regulated car market that I know of, us Irish used to be quite a large market up until around 4 - 5 years ago before the local economy took a nose dive, still we can still bring in just about any vehicle we want, no problems.

User Info Menu

That's very interesting, feel free to post a thread about Ireland, if there's enough demand we can start a section for Ireland too.

So when you say there's few restrictions and regulations does that mean you can bring in any year and model? What kind of tax do you get charged?
    What is the process of registering the vehicle and does it cost much?

I'm just very curious but I know Ireland as you say was receiving a huge amount of imports previously.