Thread: Awesome PSB Image Speakers for sale. Towers and Bookshelves

User Info Menu

Default Awesome PSB Image Speakers for sale. Towers and Bookshelves

So.. Cars aren't the only item that I buy obsessively/impulsively and more than I need. I've sat on these beaut's for a while now, thinking that perhaps I'd use the towers as rears in my system (currently running the Image 6T's in the front) but there really is no room in my theatre space, same goes for the bookshelves for back rears. I'll have to stick to my inferior PSB alphas (which still sound great) as back rears, and rears for now. It's been hard to consider selling these speaks, as they are so great, and man.. I love 'em, but my house isn't big enough to have them anywhere else. I quite literally have a PSB set in every room other than the kids rooms! haha.

Now, you may not have heard of PSB before, I heard my first entry level alpha's about 20 years ago, and have loved almost everything I've heard of their speakers. PSB is a Canadian company, and is revered for the quality of work, and value that they present in the products. Here is a little history about this now 40 year old Canadian speaker manufacturer. A note about the amount of awards that PSB wins every year from all sorts of publications and bodies, it truly is impressive, and once you hear the speakers, you'll know why! Enough of the gushing though, I'm gonna sound like a cultist. I've owned at least 20 pairs of them though.. so maybe I am! I've also owned low end stuff like Polk and Cerwin Vega, as well as some KEF, Mission, Paradigm, totem, klipsch and a few others I'm probably forgetting.. some that wouldn't be worth mentioning (or would be too embarrassing haha!) and these are pretty awesome speakers. Okay.. Enough!

So, I've got 2 Image sets available The 1B bookshelves, and the 4T towers.
    Bookshelves for 250
    Towers for 350
    Located in Edmonton, rather have pickup, but willing to ship if necessary.

Email visuals3d@gmail.com if interested
    Or call/text 780.265.2687

Condition:
    bookshelves in really great condition. Slight chip (under 2mm) on the rear corner of veneer, on top of one speaker, and one of 6 "legs: on one speaker grille broken off. Can be superglued back in. (legs to secure grille to speaker)

Towers in great condition, other than a leg broken (again) on one of the grilles, as well as some light scratches on the top of one of the speakers.

Image brochure available here

IMAGE 1B Bookshelf reviews/info
    Image 1B page here
    Image 1B bookshelves have amazing low end, published specs are down to 55hz and are 12lb each and measure at 6.5 in x 9.6 in x 12.9 in
    Some reviews
    here

IMAGE 4T Towers, reviews and info:
    Frequency response down to 38Hz!!!!
    Dimensions: 36" H by 6.5" W by 14.25" D. Weight: 37 lbs each.
    Product page
    4T review from Stereophile
    Consumer reviews from Audioreview
    More Consumer reviews
    Random review

Pics
    Image 1B bookshelves:

Image 4T Towers

User Info Menu

Sweet speakers. I can vouche for you on PSB as I'm running a pair of Alpha Tower speakers which sound amazing and these are a step up from mine. Worth the cash.
    93 GC8A 5spd Graphite Gray Pearl! (SOLD)
    04 SG5 Manual Forester XT
    97 JZX100 5spd Toyota Chaser Tourer V!

User Info Menu

Aaaahhh, Speedstick.. Sweet! I always wanted to try out the alpha towers. Nice! I have a set of 20 year old alpha bookshelves and they still sound great, Ive also got two pairs of new alpha centers used as MTM bookshelves and the design is exactly.like the towers without the lower bass.extension and lower footing.
    The.main thing I notice from alpha to Image is that the image don't compress at higher.volume, which the alphas do a bit.

User Info Menu

I want those tower speakers..

However i my place is to small ..

No upgrades untill i move..

:-(

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Soren View Post
    Aaaahhh, Speedstick.. Sweet! I always wanted to try out the alpha towers. Nice! I have a set of 20 year old alpha bookshelves and they still sound great, Ive also got two pairs of new alpha centers used as MTM bookshelves and the design is exactly.like the towers without the lower bass.extension and lower footing.
    The.main thing I notice from alpha to Image is that the image don't compress at higher.volume, which the alphas do a bit.

I own a condo so if I turn the volume up enough to hear the difference between the two then I'm probably gonna be pissing the neighbors off lol.
    93 GC8A 5spd Graphite Gray Pearl! (SOLD)
    04 SG5 Manual Forester XT
    97 JZX100 5spd Toyota Chaser Tourer V!

User Info Menu

Towers sold! to a nice dude. sorry peeps. the bookshelves are still available for 250 though!!

User Info Menu

Bookshelf speaks now on hold. The guy who bought the towers called me today also. Sounding like a desperate girl. He wants to buy more PSB stuff and wants to get advice. Oh oh. I ruined another human