Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 91 Subaru Leggy TT

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Osthimer View Post
    Hey I own this car now! Anything I should be aware of?
    what I know: Turbo timer is pooched - happened to the guy who bought the car from me (I tried to help him trouble shoot, but the unit itself was hooped)
    Rim size is wrong - the hub size on rims are a hair too small - they've been ground wider to fit
    Cross over in fuel tank MAY not be functioning.
    Idler pulley brace for accessory belt (as far as I'm aware) is broken.
    Intake pipe leading to the turbos (under the intake manifold has been cut and re-glued back together - I'd look at replacing this)
    Powersteering pump MAY have been replaced - it was on its way out while I owned the car
    Fuel lines at the injectors and injectors MAY (should) need replacement.

I know the kid who bought the car from me - and as much as I wanted to help him with the repairs and "mods" he wanted to do... there was a LOT of hack and slash crap that was done. He unloaded the car to someone else and it may have changed hands a few times.... But this is just what I know about it.

Aside from the aforementioned challenges - it was a nice little car - just wasn't my flavor.
    (and before anyone flames me - any of the issues I had with the car - were discussed with disclosure with all interested buyers)

User Info Menu

Thanks 88 you are a very honest seller and great member for returning after so long.
    This is a really cool story of your car. Thanks for sharing!

Do you have another JDM still or are you planning on it?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    Thanks 88 you are a very honest seller and great member for returning after so long.
    This is a really cool story of your car. Thanks for sharing!

Do you have another JDM still or are you planning on it?
    I'm just hoping that many of these issues have been addressed...

as for my future - another JDM? probably not... I've found access to parts to be a bit more challenging than its worth. I like all cars - but more for the build and creation - not so much the finished project.
    I found my perfect car already though - an '04 M3
    and I've got a pet project that has been taking me years to complete in an 88 Mustang hatch.

You guys have been a great community to be a part of.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 88hatchback View Post
    I'm just hoping that many of these issues have been addressed...

as for my future - another JDM? probably not... I've found access to parts to be a bit more challenging than its worth. I like all cars - but more for the build and creation - not so much the finished project.
    I found my perfect car already though - an '04 M3
    and I've got a pet project that has been taking me years to complete in an 88 Mustang hatch.

You guys have been a great community to be a part of.
    Good to hear but I think parts are much easier. We've all learned a great deal over the years and ordering from Japan is not hard either.
    I hope we can convince you to hang around and get into another JDM. There's alot more choice available than before too .

Thanks for the kind words we try hard for the JDM community going on 11 years now

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 88hatchback View Post
    what I know: Turbo timer is pooched - happened to the guy who bought the car from me (I tried to help him trouble shoot, but the unit itself was hooped)
    Rim size is wrong - the hub size on rims are a hair too small - they've been ground wider to fit
    Cross over in fuel tank MAY not be functioning.
    Idler pulley brace for accessory belt (as far as I'm aware) is broken.
    Intake pipe leading to the turbos (under the intake manifold has been cut and re-glued back together - I'd look at replacing this)
    Powersteering pump MAY have been replaced - it was on its way out while I owned the car
    Fuel lines at the injectors and injectors MAY (should) need replacement.

I know the kid who bought the car from me - and as much as I wanted to help him with the repairs and "mods" he wanted to do... there was a LOT of hack and slash crap that was done. He unloaded the car to someone else and it may have changed hands a few times.... But this is just what I know about it.

Aside from the aforementioned challenges - it was a nice little car - just wasn't my flavor.
    (and before anyone flames me - any of the issues I had with the car - were discussed with disclosure with all interested buyers)
    Ryan: As far as hack and slash goes, you arent wrong. When i bought the car back in October 2018 there were alot of issues with it. The previous owner (oddly enough i never even met him) told me some work had been done and he had owned if for roughly 6-8 months but didnt drive it much at all in that time due to issues. Ive since fixed alot of those issues, but some things havent changed. Whatever was going on with the fuel sending unit, is probably still the same. Its ran to direct power via a jumper wire that leads under the dash, and im too afraid to dig into the rats nest that the other guy made to try and fix it. It doesnt cause any issues the way its setup, its currently running STi 440cc injectors and rails, so I'm assuming someone after you changed those out cause they aren't stock. Ive done alot of cleaning up in these 8 or so months. If i could post before and after photos i would, engine bay was disgusting. As far as finding parts goes though its really straight forward, i live in the US so I imported this over here. I am in a 2nd gen Legacy group on FB that i buy most of my parts from. But i also have a JDM TT 97 Legacy GT wagon in Surrey i took alot of parts off of. Speaking of, you wouldnt still have any parts laying around would you? Sorry for the delayed reply i never was notified

User Info Menu

I am also hoping you may have more photos of the car from when you owned it that you could send to me somehow, maybe email? And did you actually import it from NZ? I have so many questions for you

User Info Menu

Default Here are some updates photos, only about 8 months of work so far!