Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Import ban petition from 25 years to 15 years (again)

User Info Menu

Never mind i found it!!! But you should just make a page out off it... Sorta like a fan page so it could be shareable and that way unleash the whole nations' potential... And that way every like the page has you know its someone that would like to vote for the petition to pass!!! Just givin my to cents about it!!! =D
    Trust me i really want it to pass

User Info Menu

+1 that's a great idea and also get people on a mailing list and just keep on trying.

User Info Menu

Okay, someone made a new petition after this happened:
    http://jalopnik.com/feds-publicly-ex...ore-1150362156

Here's the petition to sign:
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...rucks/KFydJwv9

User Info Menu

Koo i sign it already!!! And SPREADED THE WORD!!! ��

User Info Menu

Joined the group.

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyGTRrabbit View Post
    Never mind i found it!!! But you should just make a page out off it... Sorta like a fan page so it could be shareable and that way unleash the whole nations' potential... And that way every like the page has you know its someone that would like to vote for the petition to pass!!! Just givin my to cents about it!!! =D
    Trust me i really want it to pass
    I agree, we should make it into a page since for pages we can advertise the page and specific posts. Admins can take turns buying ads.

User Info Menu

If you guys want your own website for it I'm willing to Sponsor it, just pick the domain and tell me what kind of BLOG/software you want to run the site and I'll do it. I would only ask that jdmvip.com be given reference and credit in the footer but I will cover the costs of hosting/domain renewal etc..

I'd like to get a huge mailing list built up and each time you go for the petition we can just fire off a mass-mail and the list will keep getting bigger and bigger.

I thought a domain like 25to15years.us would be interesting if you can't think of a better name.

Cheers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    If you guys want your own website for it I'm willing to Sponsor it, just pick the domain and tell me what kind of BLOG/software you want to run the site and I'll do it. I would only ask that jdmvip.com be given reference and credit in the footer but I will cover the costs of hosting/domain renewal etc..

I'd like to get a huge mailing list built up and each time you go for the petition we can just fire off a mass-mail and the list will keep getting bigger and bigger.

I thought a domain like 25to15years.us would be interesting if you can't think of a better name.

Cheers
    Thanks for the offer. I might be taking you up on this here in the near future. I am trying to get something solid together before I put up a site though as I wan't it to be a little bit more successful than the petitions. I want the petition to succeed, but I am also aware that the whitehouse.com side-steps its responses, and has absolutely no obligation to shed any light in its response. My goal is to setup a solid site and try to work alongside car groups, and groups like SEMA Action Group. When I get this figured out I will PM you with some info. BTW, 25to15year.us is a great idea!

User Info Menu

I just bought the domain and I'll get some BLOG setup for you guys over the weekend and some sort of mailing list setup that people can signup for.

I'm also going to create a subforum for it under the US forums here.

I think you've got a great plan working with SEMA and other large groups.

I'm interested in this because I believe when you guys are successful it will explode the world JDM scene and also pave way for more countries including ours to ease Import restrictions.

The one reality I accept is that it may take more than a petition and a long-time to succeed, but you never know, with persistence and a large and growing group anything is possible IMHO.

User Info Menu

OMG, that is awesome! You are crazy... in a good way.

We need a facebook page instead of a facebook group as well. That way we can make ads that target car enthusiasts to come like the page.

I love the idea of 25 years to 15 years. More likely to get notice and possibly succeed. It would be ideal, no doubt, for the US to align with Canada in that regard, just like how countries in the EU have the same auto regs. It might also be easy IMO if they simply change the line in the Motor Vehicle Safety Act, changing a classic from 25 to 15 years, therefore exempting cars 15 years and older from federal regs. I want to spread the word so bad when it's ready! lol
    Last edited by maroonCD5; 08-17-2013 at 06:57 PM.

User Info Menu

lol thanks maroon
    OK well the domain is registered and active now but no content or anything just yet. I'm sure rpk2012 has big plans for it.

I'll try and get a mailing list for it setup too, that would be the best way to build up huge numbers for new petitions and have one succeed.

The other benefit is of course huge exposure and a growing number of JDM enthusiasts.