Thread: Honda Integra/Civic Hype R's

User Info Menu

Default Honda Integra/Civic Hype R's

Why don't more of these come into canada?

Thinking about a integra later this year.

Screaming NA vtec...missing my notorious oil burning BB6 H22 lude.

Probably get them for around the same price as the aristo?

User Info Menu

I think CTRs started some time in 98 so I'm not sure if they're legal to import yet. Why don't people buy them? I think because civics and integras are common cars people see daily and it isn't too hard to find a clean one. Most people would rather buy them and do an engine swap. Or make it as "JDM" as possible without actually buying the JDM model. The people I know that actually own type Rs have been fans of them since they were kids and its been one of their dream cars for years.

User Info Menu

CTR's have been legal since last August, but you don't see them here because of the $10k min. price tag. ITR's are much more affordable being that they made a lot more of them and the Integra is that extra little bit quicker around a track, making it more desirable for that purpose (ask FtGF as he tracked his JDM ITR.)
    I'd say you hardly see either here due to the fact that you can get them here as goodveet mentioned (although finding a clean one isn't exactly "easy") and for the same price you can bring over something boosted that will embarrass both in a straight line, which is what most boyracers care about.
    I personally plan to bring over an EK9 someday..I had a '98 hatch for my first car and ever since have had a longing for a real CTR and something about that B16B screaming to 9k just makes me giddy inside. ^_^

User Info Menu

Type R's in the auctions still attract big money, especially the good ones.