Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JZS161 Aristo V300 Fuel Pump Removal and Install Guide

User Info Menu

Default JZS161 Aristo V300 Fuel Pump Removal and Install Guide

Hi guys, sorry this is incomplete and will have minimum commentary and at this point I'm not 100% sure how to reassemble the pump (I did reassemble it) but I'm not sure if some of the gaskets are in the right spot (you'll see at the end in some of the pics).

For those who are going Walbro 255LPH, you want the GSS342 (the 341 will not fit our assembly). Just before you get started remember to remove your gas cap (where you fill gas) as this made it so only a few drops of gas came out of the lines heading to the engine.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

nice pics.

very good stuff.

User Info Menu

Good pics. This might be useful for me later on.

User Info Menu

I hope it helps some people, this is the most annoying fuel pump assembly I've seen. Does anyone have any idea where these parts mentioned here go? http://forums.jdmvip.com/showpost.ph...1&postcount=10

User Info Menu

I'm still having issues because I can't figure out where two pieces go (the round rubber circle) and the hard round white circle.

Here's another thread with details: http://forums.jdmvip.com/JZS161_V300...-t-2#post74720

I hope I'll be able to figure this out so I can get Aristo back on the road and also to help others because there's absolutely 0 info about this anywhere that I can find.

User Info Menu

Hey guys, so I confirmed that I did install it properly, it appears those 2 gaskets/pieces are not required, but you do need to use a bit of force to connect the top/bottom parts of the assembly and also need to insert everything in the correct order (I can't explain it anymore but if you follow the pics I think it should make sense). Basically if your car starts and you don't hear splashing in the gas tank, you should be fine.

The black round rubber piece seems to be some kind of support but I couldn't make it work, perhaps the rubber expanded over the years and that's why. I also don't know where that off-white colored round circle with a hole in the middle comes from but it did fit around the swivel for the gas gauge (the top part near the assembly). I can't actually remember if I installed it there or removed it.

I'm not sure if I noted it here but one other thing to remember is that you need to crimp in the Walbro connector or the pump won't work. I didn't at first because the stock connector fit fine into the Walbro but it definitely wasn't making internal contact (I know this for sure because the car wouldn't start/pump would not turn on or prime).

User Info Menu

Bump, this is a good upgrade to do. I'm still not 100% sure if my fuel pump was bad but I'm glad I did it. I do believe it's helped the car run smoother combined with other maintenance I've done. I was worried it may increase emissions (wondering if that's why I had more trouble passing Aircare with Impreza after the Walbro install) but with Aristo the emissions were lower than my JZS147 and passed easily.

I was initially a bit annoyed at my "Whineboro's" sound and never understood why people say they're loud. I installed the exact same one on Impreza years ago (GSS342) and the only time I noticed it being louder was when the pump primed.

On Aristo initially you could really hear it whining from outside and inside the car. It seems to be be quieting down now after driving with the car more but you can sometimes really hear the pump whining when getting on and off the gas especially at lower speeds. I believe part of this is because the voltage is not a constant 12V due to the fuel pump ECU adjusting voltage as needed. But it's definitely to the point where you normally don't hear or notice it.

User Info Menu

how did you take off those phillips screws on the black plate?
    I'm trying to do my fuel pump now and they are really tight. my screwdriver is just stripping the screws so I stopped.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    how did you take off those phillips screws on the black plate?
    I'm trying to do my fuel pump now and they are really tight. my screwdriver is just stripping the screws so I stopped.
    Nevermind I had to go borrow an 8mm socket because I only had a 7 and a 9. The screws look more round than hex shaped though.