Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Overrated music thread (or... I don't get it)

User Info Menu

Default The Overrated music thread (or... I don't get it)

So, we have a new guy at work, and he is stuck in the upper mid 1900s. Top three artists are
    Rolling Stones
    Beatles
    Bob Dylan
    If that is all I was able to listen to, I would go insane.
    At the risk of sounding completely ignorant, none of these do it for me, and I actually think that they are all a little overrated musically. I don't discount what Dylan and the Beatles provided to music though, but I am typically looking for an exit at any of these artists songs.

Anyone else want to venture out with an unpopular stance?

User Info Menu

I like some Rolling Stones, not a lot, but some. Same goes for The Beatles. I know people that STILL go nuts for them, and frankly, they don't amaze me. Bob Dylan, I don't really know much of his.

As far as overrated music...most anything on the top 40 list for the last...say ten years at least.../grumpy old guy?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Soren View Post
    So, we have a new guy at work, and he is stuck in the upper mid 1900s. Top three artists are
    Rolling Stones
    Beatles
    Bob Dylan
    If that is all I was able to listen to, I would go insane.
    At the risk of sounding completely ignorant, none of these do it for me, and I actually think that they are all a little overrated musically. I don't discount what Dylan and the Beatles provided to music though, but I am typically looking for an exit at any of these artists songs.

Anyone else want to venture out with an unpopular stance?

User Info Menu

Dub step.

That is all

User Info Menu

Totally agree with you guys about the Rolling Stones/Beatles, but I kind of like 'some' dubstep, usually the remixes (with vocals) which don't sound like robots making sweet sweet love haha.

1997 Toyota Mark II Tourer V

User Info Menu

I have no idea why people like Coldplay. Also any bands like Nickleback, Creed, Three Doors Down.

User Info Menu

Theory of a nickleback?

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

^ Hahaha I've seen that one before, i don't personally like creed but I must admit sometimes driving with friends we put one of their songs on and try to do that voice, hilaaaarious!

1997 Toyota Mark II Tourer V

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Soren View Post
    Theory of a nickleback?
    Theory of a Nickle Creed