Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New pick up rules for WWL

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CameronR View Post
    Yeah, you don't pick it up now. You have a tow truck company fetch the car for you. it is all explained in the paperwork WWL sends. Looking over this old thread, I can't say I've had problems with the workers damaging a car. I think professionalism has improved a bit. I even had a call back from the dock supervisor after a minor glitch from my transporter.
    Hi Cameron, thank you for update. Would you mind sending WWL info to my personal message? Getting worried here about pick-up. Thank you

User Info Menu

I have attached the forms in the next post. I received these in June, but keep in mind they might change. The process is very smooth so you need not be too worried! I have a tip for you and the group, if you know the name of the vessel you car is on, you can use www.marinetraffic.com to figure out when it left the coastal waters of japan and is underway.
    Last edited by CameronR; 08-04-2021 at 07:33 AM. Reason: attachments now added

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Thank you for the hint!
    Unfortunately attachments does not load- getting message "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

User Info Menu

CameronR, thanks for sharing this helpful information. I'm glad things have been going well with the port too, I haven't had or heard of any issues for years.

User Info Menu

Does anyone know if WWL has lifted the tow truck requirement?

User Info Menu

Tow requirement is still there for port, my truck is to be released this week, and sorting it out now

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nukes25 View Post
    Tow requirement is still there for port, my truck is to be released this week, and sorting it out now
    Forgot to update, yes tow requirement is still there. WWL's official stance is that this is a bonded/secure facility, while my tow truck driver's stance is that this was put in place to reduce pilfering as all the keys are in the open for anyone and anybody to access. Now, only vetted personnel are allowed to enter the yard.

User Info Menu

Thanks burgerkong, yes they said the rules will likely not change anytime soon, unfortunately . Congrats on the new ride, what did you bring in?

I do recall that previously the keys were just sitting on the car unlocked. This could be solved by locking the vehicles and them keeping the keys in the office.

I hope they will change the rules as the whole justification was for COVID and being outdoors is one of the least risky activities. They are now offering less options to their customers and charging higher port fees than before.

Can I ask when you received your Inbond notice? I got mine the day that it landed on May 4th, cleared the next day on the 5th when I submitted the Port Auth.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    Thanks burgerkong, yes they said the rules will likely not change anytime soon, unfortunately . Congrats on the new ride, what did you bring in?

I do recall that previously the keys were just sitting on the car unlocked. This could be solved by locking the vehicles and them keeping the keys in the office.

I hope they will change the rules as the whole justification was for COVID and being outdoors is one of the least risky activities. They are now offering less options to their customers and charging higher port fees than before.

Can I ask when you received your Inbond notice? I got mine the day that it landed on May 4th, cleared the next day on the 5th when I submitted the Port Auth.
    My car landed on a Saturday, I think I got my Arrival Notice email and package the following Tuesday morning. You have 10 business days to clear it (not including holidays and weekends). Once I got the stamped notice from CBSA and emailed, it was literally an 40 minutes later (I submitted the pickup appointment request at the same time).

Brought in the most non-VIP car, a 2006 Honda Accord Wagon haha.