Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New pick up rules for WWL

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nukes25 View Post
    Yes, this is what I did back in May, and will do again in Oct/ Nov when my Alphard arrives, as I'm from Victoria, I walked on the ferry, took an Uber to the dock, and had the tow truck pull it out, and across the street to the theater parking lot, and from there got her going, and started my trip home driving it
    Last week I actually had a friend who showed up with a trailer and went in to pickup my truck for me. The procedure is to email WWS in advance to setup a pickup appointment for the vehicle that got cleared by CBSA, with the driver name as my car carrier. As long as the cargo control number you are given by your Canadian import broker matches the papers they have at the port upon exit, it should be pretty simple...in theory.

But in reality, the port doesn't allow the public to drive into the import vehicle parking/pickup area, so my "driver" had to walk 500m back and forth between my truck and his truck when he discovered that the flashers of the imported truck were left on during the boat ride, therefore emptying the batteries and could not managed to jumper the dead truck with his truck. They made him walk back and forth a couple times lugging his spare batteries and tools. Just plain stupid. Nobody on site was helpful or able to communicate either. Lesson learned, best to assume that the vehicle won't start on its own upon pickup at the port, and no body will be helping you there as they might get a kick out of your miseary.

User Info Menu

Anyone have a car on Dione Leader v. 073? Would be interested in splitting tow truck or getting contact info for a tow driver who's familar with the process.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by honduh View Post
    Anyone have a car on Dione Leader v. 073? Would be interested in splitting tow truck or getting contact info for a tow driver who's familar with the process.
    I have a vehicle on the dione leader, just waiting for clearance.
    Are you local to the vancouver area, or out of town?
    If you're local, do you want it towed to you or plan to meet by the port to pick up?
    If you need it shipped out of vancouver, you'll need to find a tow/ shipper that can accommodate that, I dont know any offhand.
    If you plan to meet by the port, and drive it home on a temp, I've had great help from Burnaby towing

User Info Menu

Yup, I'm local. Just looking to get it out of port and drop off outside the gates to continue on using temp tag. I'm just picking up a kei truck, it's a long shot but if I could find someone else in the same situation, we could maybe get 2 cars on one rollback.

User Info Menu

Ah ok, I've got a land cruiser prado, so not fitting on a deck. But they do sometimes load one on deck, and one on a tow dolly.
    But it should be at steveston port? Just get it pulled to the parking lot across the street, minimal tow cost

User Info Menu

Hopefully it's Steveston Hwy... I like that location better. I missed where the boat docked and haven't got my clearance documents yet.

Thanks for the info and enjoy the Prado. I got a 100 series last year and it's been awesome.

User Info Menu

I did watch it dock to steveston ( via marinetraffic)
    The land cruiser is actually my dads, juat waiting for clearance as I'm picking it up for him.
    I just had a sambar dias classic arrive last week lol

I agree, I much prefer steveston over annacis, 2 times at annacis, problems both times, steveston no problems, and as I am in vic, it's much closer to the ferries haha

User Info Menu

Yeah. Definitely easier to get to. I usually ride my bike there if I’m getting a car it can fit in. Used to love riding right up to the wwl offices but those days seem long gone.

User Info Menu

Would you mind sharing the contact information of the towing company that can tow cars from WWL?

I am import a kei van from japan. And the vessels is gonna arrive on 18 April 2023.

It would be greatly appreciated if you can share that info with me.

Thank you!

User Info Menu

I have pm'd you, just need to get your post count to 10 to view

Quote Originally Posted by smyan0713 View Post
    Would you mind sharing the contact information of the towing company that can tow cars from WWL?

I am import a kei van from japan. And the vessels is gonna arrive on 18 April 2023.

It would be greatly appreciated if you can share that info with me.

Thank you!