Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JZS161 V300 Vertex VVTi 2JZ-GTE Oil Leak

User Info Menu

Can someone tell me what "FIPG" is and if I need some kind of silicone to seal the gasket and where I apply it to?

I used partznet.com suggested by Megatol because Carson Toyota dropped the ball again (it can take days of e-mailing to get them to ship anything and this is the second time it happened so I canceled with them...by the time Carson processes the order, Partznet will have them to your door lol).

User Info Menu

You don't need any silicon if you are using new gaskets. People put silicon only if they are reusing old ones.
    99 TLC Prado
    07 Honda Pilot

User Info Menu

Thanks Megatol, I'll try and install them this weekend.

User Info Menu

I got this sorted months ago, thankfully it's the one thing I've fixed it doesn't seem to leak oil anywhere anymore. It was a pain to do though and I made a DIY here with all the gotchas:

http://forums.jdmvip.com/Parts_Numbe..._Aristo-6148-t

User Info Menu

I thought it was just old oil but I have a leak somewhere still. I only know it's not the valve covers since I've changed them (the valley is totally dry after months and not leaking down the outside of the covers either like before).

It's not the CAMs either because I've checked them a few times when the valve/timing cover was off.

I've heard of something called the "oil pressure relief valve" but don't know where it is or how to check it.

Here are pics from the summer of the car on the lift.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks

User Info Menu

Hey guys does this get us any closer? It seems like some oil may be weeping from near the accessory belts (also note oil to the left of it on the engine block)?