Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: traveling to the US

User Info Menu

As far as showing your registration document, part of the boarder guards mandate is to monitor stolen vehicles/property entering into the U.S. I am 99% certain they have access to cpic which lists all reported stolen vehicles in Canada and thus they would already have your mvb information, they would be asking for your registration simply to compare the info at that point. If you do not provide it that would simply build grounds to turn you around.

User Info Menu

I will be driving the aristo down to the US near end of august next week and see how that goes. only staying for 2 nights.

User Info Menu

At the major entries, I have friends who are catching flack for driving their cars down to the US. A lot of the time they are asking if your planning to sell it, and pretty much tell you how much trouble you'll be in if you're caught. It's pretty hit or miss... If you own a skyline? Yeah, expect being flagged for further questioning.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    I will be driving the aristo down to the US near end of august next week and see how that goes. only staying for 2 nights.
    how did the USA Trip end up?

User Info Menu

I haven't had many issues since the last one I posted. I think that was probably the last time I was EVER asked if I was selling the vehicle for whatever reason.

The coolest time was when a guard asked about what makes the car special and said "cool does it have a 2 Jay Zee in it"! That made my day.

Now I wonder how the story would go if I brought another car say Impreza across etc... I personally think it took months of them seeing Aristo to realize I won't be selling it in the US.