Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: V2 STi RA Axles - help!

User Info Menu

No PN anywhere

User Info Menu

Contact an Exporter in Japan with your chassis# and they will be able to get the right part# shipped to you.

User Info Menu

Yup, already emailed William. I'm also looking for used set to try to rebuild it.

User Info Menu

I'm curious to know what happened to them and how are you sure they're bad?

User Info Menu

Outer CV's worn and they have been clicking for 2 years now. Although you can drive on clicking CV's for a long time they have an expiration date. With my plans for Stage 2 fairly soon I need to replace my weak links.

User Info Menu

That makes sense, and it's definitely not good to do. I wonder if it could do damage to the transmission at some point if you go too long?

User Info Menu

Note to all Pre V3 STi RA owners:

If you are trying to combine rear USDM CV end axles with your rear JDM RA diff end (DOJ) after several un-successful USDM full axle swaps.

Don't! The DOJ tapered down axle end, crown, cradle and bearings are all different sizes.

Buy Kazz or Cusco diff or sell car instead.

No joke. Do it!

After several hours I fitted WRX R160 axle with WRX crown, JDM RA Cradle and JDM RA bearings in JDM RA DOJ with... Lots of clearance issues. I don't suspect these axles to survive longer than couple of months and then destroy themselves with a big bang. And on top of that rear left and rear right axles are different.

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear about this Sausage, so it seems to be a myth about this (some UK websites said you can match the gear-ratio of your box and diff to corresponding other local Subaru models and it should work fine....but it's clearly not the case for you). At least this will help others in the future, it seems like the only safe bet is to match your model/year if buying used or to buy new based on part#/chassis# in Japan.

I wonder if it's possible that this is an exception for RA based cars only or does it apply to non-RAs?

I really recommend you get used or new shafts from Japan. FYI I do believe it is known just based on part#'s that left and right shafts are different (I always found that to be strange though).

User Info Menu

Here are the only id numbers I was able to find out about these axles.
    82AC-RH
    82AC-LH