Mileage:103000

1999 TOYOTA CHASER ツアラーV TRDスポーツ JZX100
    Auction Grade:3.5
    Mileage:144000

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Man, do I ever want one. I've been really on the fence though... For luxury I think a Celsior would take the cake and for performance/tuning I feel something like a Silvia would be a better fit. Not sure if I can justify obtaining one, I do really like their look though.

User Info Menu

Hey Mike I think I recall that you were looking into an Aristo. Do you own a JDM now? I recall being in your position years ago, considering everything from Skyline to Soarer to Aristo etc....

I think you have to picture yourself driving each car all the time and each day and then think about what you really need the most. Even now it's hard for most of us to be honest, as there is always a tradeoff at least somewhat when choosing a certain car.

Celsior is quite heavy, but as you say very comfy and luxurious as everyone admits. Silvia is not as practical but if you don't need 4-doors and won't have more than 1 passenger it won't be an issue.

I've been thinking about the JZX100's though because they are lighter than an Aristo, appear fairly spacious, have excellent performance and I hear they're great on gas compared to Aristo and Celsior.

User Info Menu

I have a '95 WRX right now, always looking at another JDM though lol. I feel like I need to import them all and sell off the ones I don't fall in love with. I'm really on the fence between another tuner for more of a track appeal or a nicer, comfier daily.

User Info Menu

Nice, well if you plan on keeping the WRX I think a comfortable/luxury car with some performance is in order
    From the sounds of it the Chaser is a great blend of some comfort, performance and practicality and I prefer cars like these in the auto for some reason (and save 5MT for WRX etc.. lol).

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    Nice, well if you plan on keeping the WRX I think a comfortable/luxury car with some performance is in order
    From the sounds of it the Chaser is a great blend of some comfort, performance and practicality and I prefer cars like these in the auto for some reason (and save 5MT for WRX etc.. lol).
    No way 5spd is the way to go for one of these! The 5spd model comes with the LSD and with this kind of performance in a rwd you would want the manual tranny. Although the price difference is significant. Nothing better then having complete control over the 1jz with a manual tranny.
    93 GC8A 5spd Graphite Gray Pearl! (SOLD)
    04 SG5 Manual Forester XT
    97 JZX100 5spd Toyota Chaser Tourer V!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Stick View Post
    No way 5spd is the way to go for one of these! The 5spd model comes with the LSD and with this kind of performance in a rwd you would want the manual tranny. Although the price difference is significant. Nothing better then having complete control over the 1jz with a manual tranny.
    Nicely said, although there is never an excuse to get auto over manual anyway