Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1997 Toyota Aristo 5 speed

User Info Menu

You know, I was just thinking about this car yesterday Good to hear you still have it, but too bad you aren't driving it. Kind of like me with my MK1

User Info Menu

Yeah, I took on a road trip to Portland after I got it all safetied. A few months later I took it to a car meet in Burnaby. I will be driving it next week again. I'm excited to see it again.

User Info Menu

Well I'm just about the worst member of this forum. Ha, it's been a busy few months. I have been in the process of getting my life together to move out to Vancouver. I've probably only driven the car like a handful of times, but I love it. I'm currently in Sask, and the car is Vancouver.
    lol no you're far from the worst, the worst tend to never reply to queries about their cars. Awesome looking shots 1eightySX

We should meet up when you come by, actually we should all do a big meet here in the Vancouver area once that happens.

Good to hear you still have it, but too bad you aren't driving it. Kind of like me with my MK1
    We should start a thread here and on ClubAristo about "the reason I haven't driven my Aristo in ages" . I'm part of that club too but not by choice lol Hopefully I can get my MK2 sorted soon, just need to get a new battery again and spray off the ECU and hope for the best, after that there's nothing more that can be done .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    lol no you're far from the worst, the worst tend to never reply to queries about their cars. Awesome looking shots 1eightySX

We should meet up when you come by, actually we should all do a big meet here in the Vancouver area once that happens.

We should start a thread here and on ClubAristo about "the reason I haven't driven my Aristo in ages" . I'm part of that club too but not by choice lol Hopefully I can get my MK2 sorted soon, just need to get a new battery again and spray off the ECU and hope for the best, after that there's nothing more that can be done .
    I would love to meet up with local enthusiasts and snap a few pictures. I should be living there soon in the ext few months, so once that happens I will be around more often.

User Info Menu

Sounds good, please post up here/send me a PM once you're here.
    Be careful though if your Aristo is running and mine is not, don't let me inside yours lol

User Info Menu

I spent another few days with the car, and it was a bit of a rocky start but we got back on the same page. Loved it, although I need to roll my fenders.

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear that, do you mean you've been having some running issues or just aren't happy with it's performance or handling?

User Info Menu

This is one of the nicest Aristo's that I've seen. Beautiful car!
    1997 BMW 328i Motorsport Edition
    1995 Honda Accord Platinum

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    Sorry to hear that, do you mean you've been having some running issues or just aren't happy with it's performance or handling?
    I should explained a bit better. The battery was just dead and I was running late for an appointment. I obviously quickly resolved the issue the next day and took it on a few trips to Port Moody and East Van. The car performed with no complaints.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stokes View Post
    This is one of the nicest Aristo's that I've seen. Beautiful car!
    Thanks Stokes! it needs a few minor adjustments. It has some awful taillights that need to come out. Wouldn't mind eventually upgrading to the Serialnine trunk, but we will see where my funds are at. I might also play around with the wheel fitment just a touch.