Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Consumption & Recycle Tax and Other Charges.

User Info Menu

I'm not taking sides here but will say I'm always baffled when people evaluate what/who is right or wrong based on a relationship or view of person, rather than just the bare facts of what's being discussed. I think I'm one of the few that can do that and is why I'm likely to see through things that most don't.

User Info Menu

Do auction house charge fee for bidding each vehicle? I see some agent charge fee, about 1000 JPN, for each bidding successful or not.

User Info Menu

That's a good question mak I can't remember 100% but I'm sure you'll see the answer here before you know. I believe the Exporter only pays the bid fee if it successful though.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mak View Post
    Do auction house charge fee for bidding each vehicle? I see some agent charge fee, about 1000 JPN, for each bidding successful or not.
    I've seen it charged & not charged to the customers but I can't imagine the auction house would charge everyone that bid unsuccessfully.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mak View Post
    It does not cost to bid on each car, as my original post, this is just another way some agents try to increase their profits when offering low agents fee.

Cheers

MB..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mark - Brave Auto View Post
    It does not cost to bid on each car, as my original post, this is just another way some agents try to increase their profits when offering low agents fee.

Cheers

MB..
    Understanding that labor is very expensive in Japan, what would you say is the incremental cost in terms of a vehicle bought after several (6 or 7) attempts vs one bought on the first attempt?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Boyblue View Post
    Understanding that labor is very expensive in Japan, what would you say is the incremental cost in terms of a vehicle bought after several (6 or 7) attempts vs one bought on the first attempt?
    I cannot speak for other agents but this is how I view it.

1) sometimes I secure a vehicle within 5 attempts and other times it can take up to 15 or 20 attempts. Odd occasions it can be more than 20 attempts. It kind of balances out at the end of the year because I do not base my agents fee around securing the first attempt nor is it based around the 20th.

2) if I think or know a customer is living in a dream world (budget wise) I will be straight to the point and advise them, there is no use in wasting their time nor mine.

3) to bid on a vehicles is not hard work, it is rather simple at the end of the day. It is more time consuming but if you are good at time management and planning your day in advance then bidding is easy.

4) with agents that charge per bid attempt, you have to be careful because they want you to try on many vehicles, the more you try on before you secure one the more money the agent makes. Because of this, some agents will under quote what vehicles really sell for due to two reasons.
    A) if they quote low prices when you first enquire into what that make/model sells for at auction then customers tend to go with the agent that seems to be able to obtain the vehicle/s the cheapest from auction when really we are all buying from the same auctions.
    B) if they can convince you to bid low by advising you of low prices then you have less of a chance securing the vehicle and the agent makes another 1,000yen for bidding. After a period of time and many attempts you the customer gives in and increases your budget above what you were originally quoted to help secure a vehicle. The end result can be that you have spent a lot on bidding attempts and now you have to pay an agents fee on the vehicle you have just secured.

User Info Menu

I notice that some auctions have a "bidding fee" is that the expense that exporters are passing on. What is this fee for?

I also notice that the bidding fee is mostly if not always for "proxy" what's that about?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Boyblue View Post
    I notice that some auctions have a "bidding fee" is that the expense that exporters are passing on. What is this fee for?

I also notice that the bidding fee is mostly if not always for "proxy" what's that about?
    Maybe ask the agent/s that are charging you to bid these questions, best getting your answers from the horse's mouth.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mark - Brave Auto View Post
    Maybe ask the agent/s that are charging you to bid these questions, best getting your answers from the horse's mouth.
    I am not being charged a bid fee, I was just curious what this bid fee is?

As seen on ASnet site 入札料

What is the nature of this bid fee? Is it proxy bidding?