Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post your computer/laptop/phone that you use to access jdmvip.com

User Info Menu

Interesting, it sounds more reliable than my authentic Samsung Galaxy Note lol. Can you post the details/specs and where you buy it? I may want it as a backup or for travel.

User Info Menu

Sorry that I dont have my usb cable to transfer the pictures at the moment:

- Main device: Galaxy S3 (SGH-I747m, the one without FM radio, and only 2-core 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Krait CPU). Oh well, at least it can run Novagen on 4.2.2 with very few issues.

- Preferred (but unfortunately, less used) device: Acer Aspire 5750 (Second-gen i5 2350M, 8 GB RAM, Windows 7). Picked up in the states, right when Third-gen i5 just came out - so it was dirt cheap ($400 USD). The build quality is TOUGH too: I dropped/smashed/stepped on the laptop several times. One of the drops (it was from 5 feet), the screen didn't survive. But after a $80 replacement from Amazon, the new screen is MUCH better than before (replacement screen made by LG), as the original had many dead pixels.

User Info Menu

Excuse me for the double-post, but since we are talking about the hardware (devices). I like my Galaxy S3 - it has near-bulletproof build quality: I've driven over it, lost it in snow, and I manage to drop it on concrete sidewalk at least once a week... The screen is of course cracked in 3 diff. places (over 1 year of use), but the phone just works after so much abuse. HOWEVER. When it comes to buying phones outright (i.e. the $650 or so for the Galaxy S3), I now know it's often better (for my wallet) to buy a phone with identical hardware from China, for as much as $400 less. Yes, it won't have Gorilla Glass, but even $200 can buy me a nice one with a better cpu than the above Galaxy. At that price, one can almost afford to break and buy a new phone every 4 months...

User Info Menu

Good point Kawasaki lots of friends and family have been doing just that with the China phones as you say. Why have your domestic phone spy on you when the Chinese phone does it less lol.

I am building a new used workstation because DDR3 is way too much.
    I just upgraded to two quad core xeon CPUs and am waiting on 64GB of RAM in the mail. I will try and take a pic soon.

User Info Menu

Might as well post this up, 4770k gtx770 matx
    Last edited by Kardon; 11-17-2014 at 08:17 PM.