Thread: Toyota Corolla E20 Levin

User Info Menu

Default Toyota Corolla E20 Levin

Hey Everyone,
    I was wondering how come noone mentioned this beauty. i have 2 links here but not sure if i am allowed to post them . (delete if not allowed to)

http://www.motorstown.com/images/toy...olla-20-03.jpg

I was looking up and apparently noone owns them over here in canada. Maybe i did not do a proper google search!.

Would anyone be interested in one of these as i am?
    Last edited by jdmvip; 09-04-2013 at 03:30 PM. Reason: insert pics directly

User Info Menu

Nice to see you kraze, it's been awhile!
    These are pretty cool looking, what is the chassis#? I wanted to see how much they go at auction and I'm assuming they're fairly rare.

Of course you can share pics, you have enough posts
    I added one of your pics inline but the other pic is prevented (no hotlinking).

User Info Menu

It has been a while and i got really stressed about getting insurance in Ontario and paying normal prices, to the point that i have given up on my rhd dreams. i was really hoping for a chaser tourer v and an integra type r BUT not willing to pay the outrageous price for insurance. (just the fact that its right hand drive - its ridiculous) - rant over.

Anyway i am getting a good deal on one of these cars that i found on kijiji and it runs. i am going to see it at lunch today with my boss. He is the one that found it and we thought it would make a good project car and head turner. I looked it up and found out that people have also done 1jz swaps into them and that in my mind would make this monster worth it. i believe the chassis code is MS67V.

User Info Menu

I hear what you're saying, I've heard rumors some are still able to do it. It often involves leverage with having other products with a single company, I suspect an assertive and confident person could pull it off.

There is also going the RightDrive route, I heard they get you coverage with the car. That may be the best route for many in Ontario.

Keep us updated with whatever you do.
    I bet if a group of confident Ontarians got together that something could be done about the insurance issue.

User Info Menu

I love TE27s! They were sold in canada as corollas, a guy on my street has one.

While they're hard to find, typically they do not cost very much (usually because they are needing restoration)

Just another one of the many great classic toyotas.

ps: people like to refer to them as mangos.
    Last edited by Kardon; 09-07-2013 at 01:04 PM.

User Info Menu

Very nice examples, with a nice set of rims they look very mean and aggressive.

User Info Menu

TE27!! thats a good start - now on my search to find one. I like the looks but i wonder how it got the name mango.

User Info Menu

TE27 that's right, those are super expensive rims too.
    I don't get the name Mango either, I guess if you put two together (underbody to underbody) it could look like a Mango and that must be how it got started lol.