Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Double DIN to Single DIN Adapter for 98 STI

EvoIVOwner Guest

Default Double DIN to Single DIN Adapter for 98 STI

Hey all,

Just got a nice single DIN stereo deck as a present and wanted to install it today. Not sure which adapter to get though, as I currently have an aftermarket double DIN. Does anyone have any experience with this? Don't really want to have a hole in my console haha.

User Info Menu

I put a single din in my GF8 and made a block off plate for the other half. I used a slab of carbon fibre that I made at work. I think I have a picture around here somewhere...

I have a picture, but it's on my phone and I can't seem to get it off of this phone, through this forum. Tomorrow perhaps...
    1990 CRX Si EF7*
    *on the Atlantic Sports Car Club main page! www.ascc.ca
    1996 WRX STi GF8

User Info Menu

I bet something for the USDM 2.5RS may fit if there's such a kit/plate.

EvoIVOwner Guest

Ended up buying a double DIN to make things easier lol, I'll post up the results later.

EvoIVOwner Guest

Uggh so it turns out the harness used for the aftermarket stereo already in my car will not fit up to my new stereo. I was talking to someone before and they seemed to think it would since their Evo worked out that way for them. I guess I'm not that lucky. Updates later!

EvoIVOwner Guest

My advice for anyone looking at this in the future is to just buy a double DIN to replace the old one, or a single DIN if that's what it comes with.

From what I could tell, finding an adapter would be a massive pain the ass, including ordering something for a 98 impreza (NA model), waiting a week or two for it to get here, then finding out whether or not it would actually fit.

Pulled this one out:

And put this one in.

Much easier!

/Thread

User Info Menu

Your original pic link is broken but I like the look of the new unit.

EvoIVOwner Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    Your original pic link is broken but I like the look of the new unit.
    That's odd, I can see it fine on my end. Thanks!

User Info Menu

That's weird because I see it now too. Maybe Photobucket was having issues at the time.

So how is the STi and are you planning on doing a review on it?
    I bet you're out cruising a lot, I remember driving it all the time when I first got it (WRX RA 1) lol.

EvoIVOwner Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    That's weird because I see it now too. Maybe Photobucket was having issues at the time.

So how is the STi and are you planning on doing a review on it?
    I bet you're out cruising a lot, I remember driving it all the time when I first got it (WRX RA 1) lol.
    Yeah very possible!

The STI is great! Check my thread to see a new update on that front.

Yeah I can't stop driving it lol. I don't even want to know how much money I've spent on gas over the last month.

Did you mean a review on the car itself, or the import process? I'll most likely do one on the import process, and I may do up an Evo vs Sti sort of thread from my perspective so far.