Thread: Ro-Ro shipping prices

User Info Menu

Default Ro-Ro shipping prices

Does anyone know are there any online source for checking the actual seafreight costs and charges for Ro-Ro shipping out of Japan.

User Info Menu

Small car $800 or less
    Medium car $1000 or so
    Larger car $1200
    SUV $1500

It's never quite the same, some dealers include inland transport in the price and that's why some appear higher.

Anyhow, that's the ballpark I work with...

The usual rate is $90us/m3

User Info Menu

It depends on where you're shipping to, I believe you're from Europe right? The rates that everyone pays are all standard, but a few Exporters mark the rate up. Also note the rates trev quoted you are probably on valid for New Westminster, Canada.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trev View Post
    Small car $800 or less
    Medium car $1000 or so
    Larger car $1200
    SUV $1500

It's never quite the same, some dealers include inland transport in the price and that's why some appear higher.

Anyhow, that's the ballpark I work with...

The usual rate is $90us/m3
    What country is this for? Our usual rate to Canada is $80USD/m3. This is with NYK. However, I hear the Nissan boat is more expensive, so we have never loaded on that boat.

Steven Smith
    SASTRAD KK
    http://www.sastrad.com
    http://www.japancarexportsonline.net
    I'm a Canadian in Nagoya

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GTR-32 View Post
    Does anyone know are there any online source for checking the actual seafreight costs and charges for Ro-Ro shipping out of Japan.
    If anyone needs freight quotes for eastern Canada, or freight requests from Japan to Europe (or Canada to Europe) I do have this info. Deal regularly with freight forwarding and logistics.

PM requests.