Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paint Job in Surrey/Vancouver BC Canada area

User Info Menu

Yeah changing it up a bit. I got rid of the ugly kit it came with....
    Automotive Fanatic.

Currently:

93 GC8 WRX
    93 R33 GTST (R334 conversion)
    86 FC3S RX7 (Holset "enhanced" 1UZFE powered)
    55 F-100

User Info Menu

I don't have the car back yet, I think it was painted yesterday and I may get it back early next week now.

I don't mind about the wait because it's good that they took so much time with the prep, including removing the bumpers and other trim pieces.

User Info Menu

Do you know what its costing you in the end?
    Automotive Fanatic.

Currently:

93 GC8 WRX
    55 F-100

User Info Menu

$1800 for everything before taxes, including removing all trim pieces, respraying the faded black paint trim, they even reseal the tail lights for free (mine were leaking), fitting the body kit, huge dent removal on passenger door (came that way from Japan and made worse by me using Bondo suction cups), huge removal of dents on hood (thanks a lot to Alex Fraser and falling ice), and other dents and imperfections on the body.

The job is not done but I'm impressed, the car is not even buffed/sanded yet and looks amazing.

I'm going to post pics in my car thread of the progress, they really did remove EVERY trim piece and they matched the paint perfectly to the original factory color.

Even the courtesy car is free, I don't think you can get a better job for the money or better quality anywhere else.
    Last edited by jdmvip; 07-02-2010 at 07:44 PM.

User Info Menu

Wow that does sound like a good deal!

What kit did you go with?
    Automotive Fanatic.

Currently:

93 GC8 WRX
    55 F-100

User Info Menu

I don't think it can be beat for the money and quality. I am using the Chargespeed Type I kit (copied/learned from FtGF). It's probably the only one that is still made brand new for the early GC8's.

User Info Menu

$1800 for the whole car? I'm shocked! Pictures, pictures...

User Info Menu

Happy with the paint job still? If so, I'll give them a call.

User Info Menu

Hey guys sorry I'm very late to this thread, these pics are from my FS thread (not to plug it but only because I don't know what page in my car thread they appear on). Yes I'm still happy with it, after 4 years the paint has held up fine.

http://forums.jdmvip.com/FS_1993_Sub...e_Sales-6498-t

But AFAIK the price I paid is no longer possible, the same shop told me about a year ago that their costs are higher due to materials increasing. I can't remember what they said the same job would cost me but it was at least several hundred more.