Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Augustine's Evo V

User Info Menu

More Updates! I finally got my Intercooler kit in the mail. It's the Greddy Spec-LS kit made custom for the Evo 4-6. Comes with the cooler, fasteners, couplers and lower piping.

Ironchief and I put it in the past weekend. It was all good except we had to fabricate some mounts as the ones it came with didn't work out.
    1998 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V (Silver) - Sold
    1998 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V (White)
    2009 Triumph Street Triple R (Matte Orange)
    2004 Subaru Forester 2.5X

User Info Menu

Here's some photos.
    Before with the stock setup:

Cooler core comparison:

New kit mounted:

My stock intercooler and piping is available if anyone wants them.

User Info Menu

How'd you go about fabricating new mounts? Did you have to actually weld them on or just put some sort of extension onto the already-there mounts?
    Heard welding with aluminum is a little tougher, and I assume the intercooler frame is pretty thin as it is...
    Love the look of that wider interlooer, only shame is you cant see that shiny new piping; the things we sacrifice for performance I suppose haha.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EvoNorth View Post
    How'd you go about fabricating new mounts? Did you have to actually weld them on or just put some sort of extension onto the already-there mounts?
    Heard welding with aluminum is a little tougher, and I assume the intercooler frame is pretty thin as it is...
    Love the look of that wider intercooler, only shame is you cant see that shiny new piping; the things we sacrifice for performance I suppose haha.
    I just had to make extensions for the pre-existing mounts out of sheet aluminum. It was as simple as making a few measurements and drilling a few holes in a small piece of sheet aluminum to extend the lower mounts.

Yea, sacrifices all over the place haha. The car is going to be a beast once I tune it with all of the supporting mods I have on it. I'm going to be dropping in a GrimmSpeed 3 port right before the tune.

User Info Menu

Oh man that intercooler is so sick!
    93 GC8A 5spd Graphite Gray Pearl! (SOLD)
    04 SG5 Manual Forester XT
    97 JZX100 5spd Toyota Chaser Tourer V!

User Info Menu

Who are you planning on getting it tuned by, and with what method Augustine? Are you thinking a standalone ecu, or a remap with ceddy mods?

User Info Menu

I'm thinking of an e-tune right now. Maybe Mellon Racing or TSComp. I'd pefer to put it on an awd dyno and be there for the tune but I don't know of anyone who tunes JDM Evo's in the Prairies, or Canada for that matter.

User Info Menu

Came back to this after the Christmas break...

User Info Menu

Damn!
    Here's a tip - get a sheet of plastic to put under the hood (when the engine is suitably cold, of course). Will prevent that from happening, and also good with rain.

User Info Menu

Before you get your tune, especially with the 3port solenoid, its a great idea to get an uprated fuel pump, like a walbro 255. More power=more fuel and the stock pumps aren't able to keep up all the time apparently. Thats the first thing I will be buying for when i tune apart from a wideband.