Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Augustine's Evo V

User Info Menu

Great looking car! good luck with it
    @cdmtyper
    2017 Civic Type R FK8 R-01546
    1996 Honda Integra XI J Series Swap ITR Clone

User Info Menu

Silver! The best colour for the best car!

My AYC light has never come on. Right now I've got ye olde donkey honk braking into slow turns (like turning into a driveway). I think the clutch bath is all that needs changing, cause I've done the bleeding way too many times and shouldn't have touched it to begin with.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the advice on a battery. I'll grab one of those 51R Civic batteries from Can Tire and fit new terminals. It has warmed up a little here but will drop to 20 below or colder in a few days again

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar View Post
    Silver! The best colour for the best car!

My AYC light has never come on. Right now I've got ye olde donkey honk braking into slow turns (like turning into a driveway). I think the clutch bath is all that needs changing, cause I've done the bleeding way too many times and shouldn't have touched it to begin with.
    You said it! I don't have any weird noises or anything at all and the car runs well and pulls hard. I'll try changing the clutch bath fluid this weekend and see if the light goes out. Hope it's not anything major.

Car is in the shop for OOP tomorrow afternoon. Finger's crossed the mechanic is nice to me

User Info Menu

Good luck with your car! Feel free to ask away about anything related to ur oil changes. Safe to say we're all quite experienced with it by now lol. If you're going to change your AYC fluid, i suggest changing your rear diff and transmission fluid as well.

The fluids i used are:

AYC: AMSoil ATF
    Rear Diff: AMSoil Severe Gear 75W-90
    Transmission: Red Line MT-85
    1998 Mitsubishi Evo 5 GSR

User Info Menu

I went OEM for everything except tranny, transfer case and engine.

User Info Menu

I went OEM for AYC and rear diff, AMSOIL for Tranny and engine.

User Info Menu

So the results from the vigorous Saskatchewan inspection are out and I've got some bad news. The car failed on quite a few points; some of which are bigger than others.

- Daytime running lights and corner lights, which I already knew about and will wire myself.

- There is a rust hole in the frame of the car that will require an Autobody shop and a lot of cash. This is the point that surprised me the most as the car is completely rust free except a little surface rust on the underside.

- I need new inner tie rods as they both have play.

- I need new steering bellows/boots as they are both open

- Rear suspension toe arm bushings (toe links) have play and will need to be replaced.

The mechanic was fair I would say and didn't ding me for anything stupid like having Japanese tires and headlights or an aftermarket exhaust.

I will have 30 days to get all of the required parts and get the repairs done myself. Does anyone know what parts I can use for the above listed required fail points? It would be nice if there are domestic parts tat would fit so I can get them easily.

Thanks in advance for the advance!

User Info Menu

I was told by Mitsubishi dealer that the chassis is the same as a 99 Eclipse turbo (GTS I think). I know I got an outter tie rod for mine from that car and it worked perfect. What I did was look for the part number on UK sites then google that part number to see what other car it is used on.

Not sure if you have located the Lacer Registry forum but there are very good resources on there.

User Info Menu

Thanks Blinky. Can anyone confirm if the 1999 Eclipse turbo uses the same chassis parts as the Evo V? Any recommendations for sites to look or part numbers at all would be appreciated.

I've gotta get these parts soon or I'll have pay for the inspection again.