Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aristo o2 sensors

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dondimarcow View Post
    I was very glad to find this post because i have been searching the internet everywhere for this. I bought a supra denso o2 sensor, so 1 blue wire, 1 white wire & 2 black wires. But i felt very stupid when i found out that the car has an aristo loom. so my wirecolours on the current sensor are: 1 white, 1 red/black & black/orange.

long story short i need to go from the 4 wires on the new sensor to the 3 on the car. and since you said ill just have to crimp the wires i hope that you know what goes where. i can't find it anywhere and i really hope that you can help me. so if you could please tell me what to do exactly that would be great. Thanks heaps in advance. the previous owner quickly hooked up a 1 wire o2 sensor and it runs like sh*t.
    jdmvip and I got these 4 wire o2 sensors for the 2nd gen aristo.

Do you have a 1st gen aristo? I believe they had the 1st gen 3 wire o2 sensors.
    the ones used in the older supra with the 7M-GTE or 1JZ motors should be the same.

some part numbers for the 3 wire O2 sensors
    NTK 24137
    Bosch 13910
    and Denso
    get one for a 92 toyota supra.

User Info Menu

i wouldn't know to be honest. stupid thing is i already purchased the 4 wire sensor.... is there any way i can hook that one up to the 3 wire input? i heard it's just a case of crimping i think the 2 black wires on the new sensor. but what wires will connect to what? sorry for this stupid post but it is something i do not know anything about yet. thanks

i can post pictures if prefered

User Info Menu

I was very glad to find this post because i have been searching the internet everywhere for this. I bought a supra denso o2 sensor, so 1 blue wire, 1 white wire & 2 black wires. But i felt very stupid when i found out that the car has an aristo loom. so my wirecolours on the current sensor are: 1 white, 1 red/black & black/orange.

long story short i need to go from the 4 wires on the new sensor to the 3 on the car. and since you said ill just have to crimp the wires i hope that you know what goes where. i can't find it anywhere and i really hope that you can help me. so if you could please tell me what to do exactly that would be great. Thanks heaps in advance. the previous owner quickly hooked up a 1 wire o2 sensor and it runs like sh*t.
    +1 for Sunshine as he's the one who found this good and cheap solution.
    I had mine replaced and like you said it just doesn't fit 100% as deep into the hole like the previous sensor did (same issue when I did O2 on my WRX) but it bolts up and works fine.

i wouldn't know to be honest. stupid thing is i already purchased the 4 wire sensor.... is there any way i can hook that one up to the 3 wire input? i heard it's just a case of crimping i think the 2 black wires on the new sensor. but what wires will connect to what? sorry for this stupid post but it is something i do not know anything about yet. thanks

i can post pictures if prefered
    Sunshine is asking if you have a 147 or 161, pics of your car would help assuming you haven't solved it yet.