Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aristo o2 sensors

User Info Menu

Default Aristo o2 sensors

Does anyone know how many o2 sensors these cars have?
    I can only spot 1 of them right before the cat. But this was just me looking in the engine bay and under the car without taking anything off.

I plan to replace it with a 4 wire o2 sensor from the gs300. Should be the same.

User Info Menu

Looks like turbo Aristo has only one.
    Schema and location (89465):
    99 TLC Prado
    07 Honda Pilot

User Info Menu

Thanks I thought I was missing something only seeing one.

will report back when I get the sensor.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 12-08-2013 at 03:20 PM.

User Info Menu

I ended up using a denso 4 wire sensor for a 98 Toyota supra twin turbo without connector

so I still don't know which sensor will be plug and play.
    The gasket might be a little different but it fit on the exhaust and bolted in. Same flange style as old sensor. Not a screw in type.
    This one has the same colored 4 wires. 2 black, white, blue.
    It was crimped and wrapped to the connector on my old sensor and it works.

User Info Menu

Thanks for updating us Sunshine, there must be a plug and play one but it's obviously not from a USDM 2JZ-GTE

User Info Menu

Sunshine is this the one that you bought? https://www.densoproducts.com/product.aspx?zpid=18167

What is the process to getting at the O2 sensor? I know it's near one of the turbos but what has to be unbolted/removed to get to it and where is it exactly? I'm also curious to know where the plug is and if it can be accessed without removing anything. For troubleshooting my misfire issues I want to unplug it to see if it changes anything.

Thanks for any advice help you can offer.

The JDM O2 part# for JZS161 is # 89465-30400 according to 4doorvip but it's not available in North America and I heard is quite pricey.

User Info Menu

Looks like the same kind I got.
    You can see the plug if you take off the air box. I had to take it to a shop with a lift to actually get underneath. I dont have anything to raise the car enough.

User Info Menu

Thanks Sunshine, it can actually be accessed without removing the airbox and I've attached a pic in case others are wondering.

The O2 sensor itself seems to be jammed midway through the downpipe and looks like a bit of a pain to get to.

As you can see below the O2 sensor plug is basically below the connector for the MAF.

User Info Menu

Based on Sunshine's advice I bought the DENSO 234-4206 Oxygen Sensor for the 98 Supra Turbo VVTi.
    It was $63 USD shipped far less than the few hundred the exact part# would cost and there is no difference aside from having to crimp the 4 wires together.

User Info Menu

Default o2 sensor

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    Based on Sunshine's advice I bought the DENSO 234-4206 Oxygen Sensor for the 98 Supra Turbo VVTi.
    It was $63 USD shipped far less than the few hundred the exact part# would cost and there is no difference aside from having to crimp the 4 wires together.
    I was very glad to find this post because i have been searching the internet everywhere for this. I bought a supra denso o2 sensor, so 1 blue wire, 1 white wire & 2 black wires. But i felt very stupid when i found out that the car has an aristo loom. so my wirecolours on the current sensor are: 1 white, 1 red/black & black/orange.

long story short i need to go from the 4 wires on the new sensor to the 3 on the car. and since you said ill just have to crimp the wires i hope that you know what goes where. i can't find it anywhere and i really hope that you can help me. so if you could please tell me what to do exactly that would be great. Thanks heaps in advance. the previous owner quickly hooked up a 1 wire o2 sensor and it runs like sh*t.