Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pacific Coast Auto's Derek email reply to my post

User Info Menu

it could be worse.
    importing used 15y.o. vehicle means taking the risk and sometimes it can be HUGE
    i imported 17 vehicles and two more on the way
    so two of my cars came with engine knock and of course it wasn't mentioned nowhere on the auction sheet
    one came with bad paint (way worse than expected =o)
    one was scratched all over (could've happened during shipping)
    and one of the last ones came with noisy transmission
    and of course every time i had to:
    rebuild engines, paint the car, swap tranny w/matching diff (not mentioning changing brakes, tires, timing belts etc.)
    and i don't blame it on my exporter because he didn't know that either.
    oh, and speaking about rust:
    once had to cut a rusty piece outta trunk and weld a patch (surprisingly the rst or the car was immaculate)
    and yeah, every time i lost money on those vehicles to keep my customers happy

just like i said there's risk involved so just fix it and put it all behind.
    s**t happens =o)
    Last edited by alexinvancouver; 12-23-2013 at 11:31 AM.
    2000 2,5RS stage rally car
    2011 Lexus CT200h - DD
    1990 GT-4 stage rally project

User Info Menu

Folks, thanks for reading the thread but I think its gotten off topic.

Steven Smith
    SASTRAD KK
    http://www.sastrad.com
    http://www.japancarexportsonline.net
    I'm a Canadian in Nagoya

User Info Menu

lol... everyone just hates Derek now, for no reason at all.

User Info Menu

Hey guys
    Rygar +1, I would prefer not to be involved in this thread aside from the moderating fair comments but the full e-mail posted dragged me into it unfortunately.

alexinvancouver, no offense is meant here but I don't think you know what I'm referring to with my comments (the rusty car is not my issue, but people's comments on it caused my Exporter to take shots at me privately and publicly again). I don't want this thread to be taken more O/T so won't comment unless it's a new thread

fuzzy, I don't see any hate yet and really there should be no hate or flaming on the forums per the rules. I think a good bunch of people can be civilized over a difference of opinion/relationships with ABC Exporter...and if not that's what the rules are for

Cheers guys and I don't think I can add anything more without letting things get too O/T here. Any comments I make will just to keep the peace in this thread.

User Info Menu

I signed up to this forum to ensure my purchase of a JDM is as smooth and cost effective as possible. The forum and this thread helped and I thank the moderator for not taking this thread off.
    Last edited by Turf n Surf; 05-11-2017 at 10:01 PM.
    There's no time like the present.