Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What car is your favorite and why?

User Info Menu

Default What car is your favorite and why?

I'll start.

Subaru Impreza WRX Version 1
    I've always been a fan of the Subaru Impreza WRX so I think the version 1 WRX's that are coming in are really amazing and a great bang for the buck.

You get the 240HP EJ20G turbocharged engine, AWD and of course the privilege of driving the rally car classic that started it all. And the version 1 WRX has more power than any standard North American WRX, has better looks, is lighter and of course much faster and has a stronger engine (semi-closed deck).

1989-1993 Nissan Skyline GTS-T,GTS-4,GTR and R33 GTS-T/GTS-4
    These cars have a huge fan base and I may not like some of the Skyline communities but these cars are very reliable and are a great bang for the buck and the styling is truly classic. I was looking at finding a good example GTS-4 but I never found a car with the condition and mileage I wanted and by this time the version 1 WRX which was everything I've ever wanted and it had the superior AWD system was available so this car has taken a back seat on my list for now.

I also think the Skyline's a great cars to have whether you choose the GTR Monster or R32/R33 GTS-T although I prefer GTR or GTS-4 because I'm a big fan of AWD and the safety it adds no matter what the weather conditions are......and it's a great way to tell the wife and in-laws that you're making a wise decision lol

Toyota Mark II Tourer VJZX90 Twin Turbo
    Back in the days I think Toyota made so many great cars unlike their latest oldman cars.

This car uses the 1JZ-GTE engine and has serious sports car performance while still being a 4-door sleeper that you can still put the kids in.

Toyota Aristo 3.0V
    This is the same car basically as the 1994+ Lexus GS300 in North America only it has the 4th generation Supra's 2JZ-GTE engine, has all the luxury features you could want and of course has the sequential twin turbo boost for whenever you need it. Due to it's size and after learning about the Mark II, I pick this one as second because of its size and weight.

One thing I have to say about the Toyota engines is that it's great that they're pretty much the only ones I know that had such high performance engines with a non-interference design so you never have to worry about a snapped timing belt causing serious engine damage as you would normally have with any high performance car.

User Info Menu

Skylines
    I have driven, Supra, Fairladys, GTO's, Soarers, WRX well most turobed JDM cars, along with alot of Beamers and Domestic..

And nothing feels like a Skyline.. THey are comfy for Long drives, Handling even on a stock GTS-T is awsome, I like the 4Wheel steering (Unless im drifting)

I dont like the GTS-4's though.. They dont have the power to go with teh extra weight/4WD, I love the pull of the GTR, and i love that the engines are pretty easy to work on, and not to crammed.
    Also love the fact that there are still a lot of people that dont know what a Skyline is..

Next would have to be the Aristo the 2JZ 3.0L engine is awsome, I have driven one that was pretty decked out, and it just wouldnt stop pulling, A great automatic twin turbo Car

Then would have to be the Toyota Land cruiser 4.2 Turbo Diesel..
    What a sweet Truck, it goes good for how big it is. and if you got a nice lift. you can get over anything..

User Info Menu

I only have driven Ben's Skyline one evening before I ordered one through him...It was sweetness all around.
    == Chris ==
    2007 Yamaha FZ6 (for sale)
    1995 BMW 525i Ltd
    1992 Levin GT-Apex - soon to be retired

User Info Menu

I will always be a fan of the Soarer.

I am very Happy with My First Soarer I purchased in November.

In stock Trim the Twin Turbos have amazing pull.
    The car is absolutly solid. The seat holds your body firmly in place and everything is in perfect reach and perfect position.

The 4.0 Limited version came with more features that most cars in North America are just comming out with right now.

The GTT came with the much sought after 1JZGTE and allthough it is overshadowed by its older brother the 2JZGTE, the 1JZGTE is still a deadly weapon in the hands of the trained tuner. A completly bullet proof block that can handle plenty of abuse when subjected to Big Turbo upgrades. The 1JZGTE gets some bad press because the stock turbos don't handel much more then 14lbs of boost. The truth is that at 14lbs with a good exhaust, BFI and FMIC the car jut screams. And at tht pont if you need more power just replace the tini twins with a monster single.

I've always liked the timeless lines of the body. Because of the North American Equivalent, you do not get the uniqueness like you have with a skyline BUT... there is nothing better then pulling up beside an old guy in his leather trimmed Lexus sc400 and knowing you can efortlessly smoke his ass. (That comment was not in support of any sort of street racing)

Given all this, my favorite car would be a calssic 911 porsche, Classic Jaguar XKE Roadster V12 or a Toyota Supra RZ. When I find one of these that I like I may have to retire the Soarer.

User Info Menu

Soarer is a great car and I love the 1JZ and 2JZ motors that Toyota used in so many of their cars.

Toyota really had things nailed back in the day with a blend of style, performance and practical luxury and also extreme reliability.

Toyota Supra RZ is amazing of course too

User Info Menu

I haven't driven a ton of JDM cars...The Soarer sounds pretty amazing.

I wasn't finished before I posted last, because I had to run, but I was going to be more specific..

The Skyline had crazy tight steering, and is almost effortless to make a sharp corner. I didn't do anything crazy because I didn't want to break Ben's car, but I could tell the potential was there. Also the acceleration...yup, it was smokin fast...I absolutely love the sound the engine makes along with the intake and the turbo wine...it's magical. Definitely the most all around sweet car I've driven. I really liked my 240sx coupe before she got creamed, and the skyline was a much, much better version of that...

I will definitely jump at the first chance of driving a Soarer if that happens. I love having the power, and the responsiveness of cars alike.
    == Chris ==
    1995 BMW 525i Ltd

User Info Menu

A car that really interests me is the soon to be available R33 GTS-T.....or maybe GTS-4 but I'm disappointed that they are all normally aspirated and don't get the GTS-T engine anymore

User Info Menu

Yes, for that reason I think I would like the R32 GTS-4 more. I've seen some hawt GTS-4's....it would be a good winter car!

I thought the Pulsar GTS would be cool though for a winter car...AWD 2.0L turbo hatch back...they look fun.
    == Chris ==
    1995 BMW 525i Ltd

User Info Menu

I think AWD just makes a lot of sense but I know the pure and hardcore guys like dah_hunter prefer GTS-T due to slightly less weight

But let's not forget, the GTR Godzilla version has AWD, although it has higher displacement and a lot more power

User Info Menu

OMG I'm so lame....I drive a Ford....

But in my dreams...I don't know what to drive since I"m not yet 'jdm-ized' enough to know what I want.

But so far, I think I like Jdmvip's car the best- he's just that freaking convincing.

His wife and him double-teamed on me and converted me from GM's.