Thread: Ever seen an imported NSX?

User Info Menu

Default Ever seen an imported NSX?

I've owned just about every other cool JDM car of the 90's (save GT-R and Supra). I've never owned a Honda before and have been looking at NSX and ITR's.
    I have been looking and have never seen or heard of anyone importing a RHD NSX. They are quite expensive in Japan, perhaps even more than here, but it is really hard to find a good low kms NSX in Canada (or even the US).

Has anyone know of an imported JDM one?

User Info Menu

I don't know of any, but really the reason is that they're so expensive in Japan. Normally 2X what you would pay in the states on or about. Not sure where you have looked, but there's some really nice / low mileage ones in the states for good prices...

User Info Menu

I've only seen one in person. I saw it parked in the parking lot at BCIT back in about 2008 when I was going to school there.

There is a RHD one for sale right now in Vancouver and the guy is asking almost 50k. I highly doubt he'll get that price for it.

User Info Menu

I have never seen a rhd nsx here. I thought about getting one, but I can't justify spending that kinda cash on a old car.

If you have never owned a rhd Honda it's about time you do! They are great cars, and super easy to get parts.
    @cdmtyper
    2017 Civic Type R FK8 R-01546
    1996 Honda Integra XI J Series Swap ITR Clone

User Info Menu

We exported an NSX to Canada back in 2007. It was actually a car built for the Canadian (North American) market, driven in Canada (Ontario), imported to Japan, then our client found it at an auction here, and we exported it back to Canada.

Steven Smith
    SASTRAD KK
    http://www.sastrad.com
    http://www.japancarexportsonline.net
    I'm a Canadian in Nagoya

User Info Menu

Yes I've seen a black one a few years ago. Was getting detailed along with my itr.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sastrad View Post
    It was actually a car built for the Canadian (North American) market, driven in Canada (Ontario), imported to Japan
    Wow! Did you import it as a returning Canadian compliant vehicle originally owned in Canada?

User Info Menu

I re-entered a C63 AMG in from Japan. California car, entered into RIV after I got the statement of compliance from Mercedes dealer. Technically doesn't matter what port of entry the car comes from as long as its not grey market federalized, and is FMVSS approved.

The answer is in the VIN numbers, obvious North American VINs are:

WDB (Two letters) XXXXXXXXXXXX

Rest of world models are:

WDB (Three numbers) XXXXXXXX

ALWAYS call the dealer and verify original dealer!

User Info Menu

I'm not sure who's buying these Honda's but man are they expensive in Japan. The S2000 is going the same way... I expected them to be cheap.

User Info Menu

The best Honda models in Japan are always very expensive I find, whether Integra or Civic etc... especially Type-R anything.

But still I hope some people will buy them especially the Honda guys who spend fortunes to do front end and engine swaps, why not get the real thing as the JDM part market for Honda's is the craziest.