Thread: export from ireland

User Info Menu

Default export from ireland

well im from ireland and im moving to Canada in the summer. I am thinking about bringing a car with me.I need to know though is it worth my time and going through all the trouble, more importantly what car should i bring. What car would bring in the most money like 180sx, ae86, civic, any jap car. Now im new to all this so is there many laws against importing cars i know that in america its next to impossible to import cars is it the same in Canada. Also whats the jdm scene like over there, is it big, is it growing anything i should know before i get in over my head.Thanks.

User Info Menu

What part of Canada are you moving to? Also, anything over 15 years old to month of manufactured date is good to import without issues.
    93 GC8A 5spd Graphite Gray Pearl! (SOLD)
    04 SG5 Manual Forester XT
    97 JZX100 5spd Toyota Chaser Tourer V!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slev045 View Post
    well im from ireland and im moving to Canada in the summer. I am thinking about bringing a car with me.I need to know though is it worth my time and going through all the trouble, more importantly what car should i bring. What car would bring in the most money like 180sx, ae86, civic, any jap car. Now im new to all this so is there many laws against importing cars i know that in america its next to impossible to import cars is it the same in Canada. Also whats the jdm scene like over there, is it big, is it growing anything i should know before i get in over my head.Thanks.
    Welcome to the forums, what part are you moving to? Generally anything outside of Quebec and Ontario should be fairly easy. Quebec has banned JDMs and Ontario's Insurance industry has all but made it impossible to insure them over there.

I think our JDM scene here is constantly growing more than ever if the increased/more-than ever members signing up daily is any indication. Since the 98-99 model years bring in a lot of new vehicles, this has brought more people to scene.

I hope you'll stick around and let us know what you end up getting.

User Info Menu

Im heading to Ottawa. Ive got a jap civic vi-rs now the minute would that be a good car to import