Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JDM Motorcycles

User Info Menu

Default JDM Motorcycles

Hey guys, i was just wondering if anyone would have some insight into where to start looking for a JDM Motorcycle? I'm interested in early 90's Honda bikes, like the VFR400, but it doesnt seem like anyone is really bringing them into Canada. There was a place in Ontario that brought in the exact type of bikes that im looking for, but they are now long gone.
    A point in the right direction or some advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks.

User Info Menu

I believe they can be found in the auctions, some members have talked about it but hopefully this revives the idea.

User Info Menu

Imported JDM bikes are a relatively big thing in Russia, so there definitely is an established purchasing/export infrastructure in Japan, although I did not have first-hand experience with that.

I know an importer in Moscow that used to bring in a lot of cars but now switched to bikes (almost) completely.

User Info Menu

I would think if they are cheap enough and you can put a bunch in a container it would be more then worth it. In Alberta you don't need a safety for many bikes under 600cc, but I wonder how that would work with out of province bikes.
    Lots of cool bikes under 1999, Katana 750's, honda interceptors etc
    1997 Toyota Celsior UCF20
    2002 Ford F150 5.4 4x4
    2012 Ford Focus Ti Sedan Sport
    97 Cr250R/08 Thundercat 1000

User Info Menu

I was recently in Japan and now I want all the motorcycles. Realistically I want one... a Honda Gyro. Think we could get enough interest to fill a container with motorbikes?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by spooln View Post
    I was recently in Japan and now I want all the motorcycles. Realistically I want one... a Honda Gyro. Think we could get enough interest to fill a container with motorbikes?
    Please make sure that they are 15 years old first.

Steven Smith
    SASTRAD KK
    http://www.sastrad.com
    http://www.japancarexportsonline.net
    I'm a Canadian in Nagoya

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsoup View Post
    I would think if they are cheap enough and you can put a bunch in a container it would be more then worth it. In Alberta you don't need a safety for many bikes under 600cc, but I wonder how that would work with out of province bikes.
    Lots of cool bikes under 1999, Katana 750's, honda interceptors etc
    +1 very interesting stuff and I think some legwork would be in order for those doing the JDM bikes in Canada at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Qsecofr View Post
    Imported JDM bikes are a relatively big thing in Russia, so there definitely is an established purchasing/export infrastructure in Japan, although I did not have first-hand experience with that.

I know an importer in Moscow that used to bring in a lot of cars but now switched to bikes (almost) completely.
    Very interesting, I guess the bikes are an under served market.

Quote Originally Posted by spooln View Post
    Cool, can you get us a Japan pic thread?
    It looks like some are interested, maybe with time some Exporters may be willing to arrange this or even combine them into shipments with cars (just not sure how you would secure the bikes so they don't damage themselves or other vehicles).

Quote Originally Posted by Sastrad View Post
    Please make sure that they are 15 years old first.
    Steve can you tell us how it would work for the lots at auction people talk about that are basically a trailer with bikes and Seadoo's etc? If the trailer has 4-wheels can it be shipped RORO?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post

Steve can you tell us how it would work for the lots at auction people talk about that are basically a trailer with bikes and Seadoo's etc? If the trailer has 4-wheels can it be shipped RORO?
    I have shipped jet skis to New Zealand using a trailer, but am not sure for Canada. I will look into it.

Steven Smith
    SASTRAD KK
    http://www.sastrad.com
    http://www.japancarexportsonline.net
    I'm a Canadian in Nagoya

User Info Menu

+1 for a RVF400 NC35 or a Ducati 400ss

User Info Menu

I am always looking for an old Honda Monkey or Gorilla....has anyone seen either of those?
    1993 Toyota Celsior Sold
    1996 Hilux Surf Ready for a Rocky Mountain Summer
    2007 Toyota Tacoma
    1992 Delica Sold