Thread: Need your honest opinion.

User Info Menu

Default Need your honest opinion.

Hey guys, I may have an opportunity to buy an old 60's mercury cougar. I have been looking for one for awhile now. My plans were to take the old motor and put in the 3.5L ecoboost engine and associated trans.

Now heres the thing...do you guys think this would be cool or a good idea (nevermind the work part of it)?

I always liked the muscle car look, but didn't care much for carburetors (my knowledge is lacking in that area).

I think it still retains a muscle car feel and yet has the modern performance.
    Last edited by JFimport; 02-28-2014 at 06:39 AM.

User Info Menu

Since I am mainly interested in JDM cars it is not something I would do or find interesting. But if this appeals to you and you have the time and patience I say go for it.

User Info Menu

Dooo it! I love American classics. I have a family friend that has a nice collection including a 1928 ford coupe which he turned into a hot rod. The eco boost engine would be interesting, not sure how easy it'd be to swap that in. Probably have to make your own engine mounts, etc. Or is there a kit available?
    1997 BMW 328i Motorsport Edition
    1995 Honda Accord Platinum

User Info Menu

I'd say do it honestly, I always like unique and unconventional builds.

I seriously considered putting my 2JZ-GTE in my 1971 Dodge Demon for a while. It was originally a 225 I6 so I felt like I wasn't completely ruining the feel seeing as it was still 6 cylinders lol.

That being said, you'll probably get alot of flak from the old timer purists. I wouldn't roll up to any classic shows unless you like alot of criticism.
    1985 AE86 GTS hatchback
    1985 AE86 GTS coupe
    1985 AE86 GTS coupe
    1986 S12 hatch CA18DET
    1992 S13 coupe
    1992 JZS147 Aristo 2JZGTE
    1993 R33 Skyline RB25DET

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stokes View Post
    Dooo it! I love American classics. I have a family friend that has a nice collection including a 1928 ford coupe which he turned into a hot rod. The eco boost engine would be interesting, not sure how easy it'd be to swap that in. Probably have to make your own engine mounts, etc. Or is there a kit available?
    No kit, I'd have to get everything 'fabbed' up for it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon G View Post
    I'd say do it honestly, I always like unique and unconventional builds.

I seriously considered putting my 2JZ-GTE in my 1971 Dodge Demon for a while. It was originally a 225 I6 so I felt like I wasn't completely ruining the feel seeing as it was still 6 cylinders lol.

That being said, you'll probably get alot of flak from the old timer purists. I wouldn't roll up to any classic shows unless you like alot of criticism.
    That would be awesome!

User Info Menu

Count's Kustoms does it all the time .......................

User Info Menu

I think its a pretty cool idea, Im not a big ford guy but I do own an ecoboost f 150 and I love it...

User Info Menu

I also like what youve done with the black 93 wrx in your avitar. If you bought that from Braden Im the one who sold it to him. I also was the original owner in Canada....

User Info Menu

Congrats, Congrats,