Thread: Mobile locksmith in Vancouver area ?

User Info Menu

Default Mobile locksmith in Vancouver area ?

Any of the members know of an honest / good priced mobile locksmith in the Vancouver area ? The folks at WWL lost the keys to an vehicle they were handling for me and we can't transport it without those.

User Info Menu

Unbelievable, can you post this in one of our WWL threads? I hope they'll be covering the costs for their mistake.

I'm sure BCAA and similar companies can do this. I would trust BCAA the most.

User Info Menu

Areeb, actually no I don't want a part in that. I just wanted to see if any members could help me out with this situation.

Your not going to like me saying it, and I don't like to have to say it myself but sometimes it just is what it is....

WWL makes peanuts off of the few used vehicles come in and really isn't in business to serve the general public (they're customer service really does show that as well). They're there to work for the large faceless dealers who ship thousands at a time and ask no questions.

They're really trying to even discourage end buyers from even going there in the first place as of late. I think anyone who deals with them weekly and has been around for a while sees this. Eventually I would assume it will be like Fraser Wharves (who was the old port used vehicles went to) and they'll just say forget this and refuse to deal with used vehicles and the general public. Where will that leave us importers and end users ? I'll tell you where.... Container shipments only.

Containers despite what some like to think is a bad, bad option for the end buyer. I could tell you why and argue about it with the people who think they know it all, but the proof really is in the pudding in this situation. I'll try to find some time in the near future to post about that, along with details of certain cases but right now I just flat out do not have spare minutes.

How I handle situations like this is just deal with it the best I can and make it as painless as possible for my customers. I do understand that moving that many vehicles like they do stuff is bound to happen once in a while. I think the girls in the office who deal with customer relations do a great job. Always good things to say about Karen and Gloria.

Back to my post though, anybody know if a good place to call for a mobile locksmith ? I don’t like AMA and the likes of those companies.

User Info Menu

Hey William no worries. The funny thing is I agree with most of what you said above and consider it to be a fact right down to the yard people being bad and Karen and inside office being great lol.

This is another good thing for a new thread but doesn't some port have to accept the vehicles? When WWL went on strike then Fraser Wharves took them. I think one port or another has to since they come on boats with new cars.

As for containers that will be an interesting thread, I think we have some on here but it's always interesting to me. My perspective is that there are pros on cons but IMHO damage is more common on container but it is more secure (no theft and you can pack parts). RORO worries me how the longshoremen thrash and race new and used vehicles off the boat like the Dakar Rally... anyway sorry this is best for another thread.

I hope you get the issue sorted either way and sorry I can't think of any other services.

User Info Menu

Gloria at WWL handled this great. Without me even requesting anything, she's arranging for a key to be cut at their expense and of course waiving any storage fees while the car sits there.

User Info Menu

That's great to hear William, if you know who ends up doing the job can you mention it here for others in that situation?

User Info Menu

To ensure the safety of your home while you are away, a few things should always be kept in mind. Replace your old keys that are either wearing down or have been worn down flat. Installation of a deadbolt on the front door is a must. You can search the online directory to find a good emergency locksmith.

User Info Menu

Default Mobile locksmith in Vancouver area?

Before choosing a locksmith you should always make sure that he is a reliable one. You can search for a mobile locksmith service provider on the internet as well. Some states require a locksmith to be licensed, you may want to check and see if the same is required for locksmiths in your state.