Thread: FS Thread New Rules

User Info Menu

Default FS Thread New Rules

We're just doing a long overdue rule update that we've discussed for a bit to help even the playing field, protect buyers and keep people informed.

If anyone has suggestions or think we've missed something please post here (this was typed quickly while doing other things lol).

Requirements For Selling Vehicles:
    1. The Auction Sheet (if available/sold from auction you should have this from the Exporter/seller).
    2. The exact location of the vehicle (if it's being Imported let us know the landing date).
    3. Detailed pics in and out.
    4. Mileage.
    5. Price.
    6. Registered/Passed Inspection or not.
    7. How many owners if known.

For those wondering about the above we've seen people advertising vehicles we know are not in their possession or even in the location they claim it to be which creates the potential for fraud.

Some sellers also sell very high mileage and low grade vehicles without disclosing the R/RA 0,-1,1 grade and this is not fair to sellers of high grade, low mileage vehicles who often pay much higher prices to get a mint vehicle.

The registered/passed inspection part is important as some vehicles may have pre-existing issues that could make passing inspection difficult and costly. This also helps people understand the difference in FOB, CIF and landed, on the road cost (after changing tires, maintenance, customs fees, inspection fees, taxes etc..).
    Last edited by jdmvip; 03-03-2014 at 05:13 PM.

User Info Menu

I would recommend posting how many owners the car has had in Canada. That is something that I personally look for in a JDM. I bet we've all seen some of the same JDM's getting pasted around from owner to owner. I know when I sold my FD it seemed it was for sale by a different guy every week.

Edit: My point is a see higher value in cars that are being sold by the importer or second owner in canada vs. some POS JMD that every 16 year old has owner for a few months and drifted the shit out of it. Just my two cents….
    Last edited by Josh; 03-03-2014 at 04:07 PM.

User Info Menu

That's a very good point too and I see what you mean. Some vehicles even on this forum pass through so many different owners while some are 1 owner in Japan and first owner in Canada.

I'm going to add your point to the rules.

User Info Menu

Accident history/rebuilt title along with any known issues is something I always ask before even looking at a csr in person. I feel it should be required as well since some people think its fair to say "well they didn't ask so why should I tell ".

User Info Menu

I agree goodveet, I'm glad the updated rules got some people to post about it. A lot of times people are thinking the same things but are afraid to post (I know because people tell me this often).

User Info Menu

I'm just bumping this so others will see the new rules.
    I think this will bolster our reputation as being an unbiased, helpful and honest site.

User Info Menu

Allow users to manage their own thread

Currently there is no option to edit conten/posts or close the thread when the vehicle is sold

This is annoying because people browsing may not see a sold comment and continue trying to contact the seller.