Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RevScene 2014 Spring Meet. Who's Going?

User Info Menu

WCC - West Coast Car meet was organized by some kid who egged people on to do burn outs during the meet. Cars were damaged from flying debris, and there were other vehicles that ended up crashing.

They are not affiliated with the REVScene meet whatsoever, but a lot of people from RS went to this meet.

The RS meet will be well organized and should be a safe place for your vehicle..unless WCC owners shower up

User Info Menu

Ive been going to the spring and summer meets for past couple years, its always a huge turnout. revscene is pretty strict against people doing burnouts and excessive revving but there are always those few guys that do. but revscene i'd say is a good forum, tons of traffic on that forum. Its great for selling anything, like craigslist, but for car enthusiasts.

User Info Menu

Ill be there with the Vancouver Subaru Club

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    Does anyone have time in April for a Lower Mainland/Vancouver area meet? Post here or PM me and maybe we'll get a meet thread going for it as there's a lot of cool people I have yet to meet from here with nice rides.
    Id be down for this, depending on the time and day

User Info Menu

OK guys let's plan our own lower Mainland mini-meet.
    Do week days or weekends work best for you guys?

Is Surrey or Richmond OK with everyone? I think Surrey may be more central but let's try and do what works best for most (half way point eg. for our Abbotsford Members).

Quote Originally Posted by 4doorvip View Post
    WCC - West Coast Car meet was organized by some kid who egged people on to do burn outs during the meet. Cars were damaged from flying debris, and there were other vehicles that ended up crashing.

They are not affiliated with the REVScene meet whatsoever, but a lot of people from RS went to this meet.

The RS meet will be well organized and should be a safe place for your vehicle..unless WCC owners shower up
    Thanks for clarifying that, very interesting as I recall RevScene quoting their Facebook page making it look like they didn't condone it lol. I didn't know there was actual damage either as I just skimmed the thread on RevScene and copied some pics and video.

I'll definitely steer clear of those guys and I think most will, who wants to risk damage and hang out with those kinds of people?

Quote Originally Posted by colin22 View Post
    Ive been going to the spring and summer meets for past couple years, its always a huge turnout. revscene is pretty strict against people doing burnouts and excessive revving but there are always those few guys that do. but revscene i'd say is a good forum, tons of traffic on that forum. Its great for selling anything, like craigslist, but for car enthusiasts.
    Very good to know, did you end up going?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyleyap View Post
    Ill be there with the Vancouver Subaru Club
    Did you end up going, any pics for us?

Id be down for this, depending on the time and day
    We should meet up and I hope you can all make it. What times/days work best for you guys?

User Info Menu

Weekdays work best for me

User Info Menu

Aww man, I can't believe I missed this post due to negligence. I haven't frequented these forums for a while since I'm not really doing anything to my car except driving it. I went to the RevScene spring meet and would have enjoyed meeting you folks. I showed up really late though, 2:30pm, so I saw all the stragglers that were leaving. If you were last to be there, you may have seen me.

Any future meets in the works? I'm itching to get out more, attend more meets, and possibly get into RallyX this summer!

User Info Menu

Weekdays work best for me
    OK we'll try and make this happen Kyle, it would be cool to meet up again!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeebus View Post
    Aww man, I can't believe I missed this post due to negligence. I haven't frequented these forums for a while since I'm not really doing anything to my car except driving it. I went to the RevScene spring meet and would have enjoyed meeting you folks. I showed up really late though, 2:30pm, so I saw all the stragglers that were leaving. If you were last to be there, you may have seen me.

Any future meets in the works? I'm itching to get out more, attend more meets, and possibly get into RallyX this summer!
    We're all busy at different times, how is your car doing now?
    I never made it but would like to go next year to the RevScene meet.

We're planning a local meet soon so I hope you can show up there.

User Info Menu

Car is doing great. I think my calipers are problem free after I worked on them, but the wear pattern is making me second guess my work. Ive got no immediate plans for any work on my car except for learning to do an ol change. My power antenna broke a couple weeks ago, so that's my next repair. Aside from that, im going to wait until the summer to remve my interior and move my stereo wiring around to their proper place (away from battery wire and such), and also hopefully install some sound proofing under the carpeting to quiet down the engine noise when im on the highway.

JDMVIP car meet? Im there!

User Info Menu

Car is doing great. I think my calipers are problem free after I worked on them, but the wear pattern is making me second guess my work. Ive got no immediate plans for any work on my car except for learning to do an ol change. My power antenna broke a couple weeks ago, so that's my next repair. Aside from that, im going to wait until the summer to remve my interior and move my stereo wiring around to their proper place (away from battery wire and such), and also hopefully install some sound proofing under the carpeting to quiet down the engine noise when im on the highway.

JDMVIP car meet? Im there!